We are a multidisciplinary team of makers who are creating the musical instruments of the future
React Native Developer (Contract)
“Working on the web team at ROLI is a chance to work with some of the best people in the industry. It also offers the opportunity to work in an exciting cross-disciplinary environment where we push the boundaries of what can be done with music and technology across multiple platforms.”
- Angus Keith, Senior Product Owner
ROLI is looking for an experienced React Native Developer to work on the LUMI Music App to help drive this revolutionary experience to launch. Please note that this will be a 5 week contract.
LUMI is about to change the way that people play and learn music, it's an illuminated keyboard and interactive app that lets everyone be more musical in minutes. Everything is connected by light and colour. The user follows the colours in the app and the lights on the keyboard. Our innovative app allows the user to pick songs and decide how they want to play them, whether that’s learning through our graded interactive lessons or creating songs in jam mode.
As a React Native developer at ROLI, you will be part of the LUMI product team. Working in a company with bold ambitions, and the calibre of talent required to deliver them, we offer a unique opportunity to execute the roadmap for one of our most exciting new products.
What you’ll do:
- Work on the LUMI Music App product team
- Liaise closely with the designers and other developers to deliver consistently high quality user interfaces
- Attend daily stand-ups and contribute to team planning sessions
What you’ll need:
- Proven experience with React Native
- Significant experience using CSS to build responsive layouts, animations and dynamic interactions
- A passion for delivering high quality user experiences
- An excellent eye for detail and consistency
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Considerable experience in a professional app development environment
- An ability to work autonomously and independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Experience with Android and/or iOS native development as a bonus
- Experience with Styled Components and Pose
- Experience with Unity or C++
- A passion for music and/or music technology
- An interest in gaming
ROLI at a glance
ROLI focuses on Hardware, Music, Musical Instruments, Software, and Hardware + Software. Their company has offices in New York City and London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, ROLI has raised $43.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2016.