Roku offers streaming products so everyone can stream what they love
Sr. SW Engineer, Test
Roku is seeking an experienced and versatile Software Development Engineer in Test to focus on automation infrastructure and test automation for the Roku OS. You will be responsible for developing a broad spectrum of technologies which includes tests for existing and new projects, libraries, tools, and end-to-end infrastructure. You should be able to represent automation and QA concerns in meetings with cross-functional, project team members and provide valuable end-user feedback to improve the customer experience. This position requires a solid understanding of software development life-cycle experience with a variety of testing techniques, strong debugging, written and organizational skills, and automation experience.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Manual QA, UI/UX, and development throughout the software development life cycle
- Convert manual test cases into reliable, repeatable automated tests
- Debug failing tests to improve product and automated test quality
- Promote coding conventions and standards for code re-usability and cleanliness
- Conduct code reviews for improved code quality and optimization
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with automation systems and unit testing
- 2+ years of programming experience, preferably with Python
- 2+ years of experience developing test plans and test cases
- Expert level debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with remote teams
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- A self-directed professional able to work independently
Flexible vacation time
We offer a generous time-off policy. In fact, for salaried employees, we don't track vacation or have official holidays. Instead, you can take as much vacation as you think is appropriate, as long as you get your job done and don't impact the team's work.
At our Bay Area headquarters, we also provide free snacks and gourmet catered lunch.
We offer medical, wellness and financial benefits to help our employees stay healthy and happy.
encourage excellent teamwork and expect everyone to perform at a high level. We are independent thinkers who are able to take action and accomplish huge things by working as a team.
Employees receive a discount on all products offered thru Roku
Roku at a glance
Roku focuses on Hardware, Advertising, Consumer Electronics, Advertising Platforms, and Online Video Advertising. Their company has offices in Los Gatos and Austin. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Roku has raised $256.759M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2016.