Roku offers streaming products so everyone can stream what they love
Sr. Software Engineer, Wireless
The Role and Responsibilities
Networking is integral to Roku and a core part of our DNA. As a member of the Firmware Team, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality and robustness of the Networking experience on a variety of products in the Roku family. The ideal candidate will have detailed experience with Linux networking and drivers and bringing up Wi-Fi on new platforms. You should be comfortable with analysis of packet traffic and be able to understand complex network conditions and develop optimizations for real-world situations.
- Expertise in C++ and C software development in a Linux environment
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP networking (TCP, UDP, IP, ARP, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating system software: kernel, userspace, and the communication between the two
- Expertise in at least one wireless technology is a must.
- Expertise in Wi-Fi and its security protocols (WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA-EAP) is a strong plus.
- Strong knowledge of RTOS is a plus.
- Ability to analyze network traffic and perform packet level analysis of issues
- Proven track record with embedded system development projects
- Senior level contributor with significant industry software development experience
Flexible vacation time
We offer a generous time-off policy. In fact, for salaried employees, we don't track vacation or have official holidays. Instead, you can take as much vacation as you think is appropriate, as long as you get your job done and don't impact the team's work.
At our Bay Area headquarters, we also provide free snacks and gourmet catered lunch.
We offer medical, wellness and financial benefits to help our employees stay healthy and happy.
encourage excellent teamwork and expect everyone to perform at a high level. We are independent thinkers who are able to take action and accomplish huge things by working as a team.
Employees receive a discount on all products offered thru Roku
Roku at a glance
Roku focuses on Hardware, Advertising, Consumer Electronics, Advertising Platforms, and Online Video Advertising. Their company has offices in Los Gatos and Austin. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Roku has raised $256.759M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2016.