Roku offers streaming products so everyone can stream what they love
Sr. Software Engineer, Roku OS
The Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to focus on developing core features for the Roku platform.
This engineer will be contributing extensively to our embedded UI development and underlying architecture. Extensive experience with embedded Linux, C++ libraries/frameworks, development of tools, scripting languages as well as the integration of third-party code is a must. A proven track record of shipping high-quality software on embedded platform is essential. This is a great role for a senior professional who enjoys a high level of visibility and thrives on great business impact.
- Work closely Product Development, platform services, and release management teams to contribute to development
- Integrate third party C++ libraries
- 7+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Extensive programming experience with C++ and Embedded Linux.
- Ability to work in both user and kernel space.
- In-depth understanding of Linux, tools, libraries and open source development.
- Understanding of API design considerations and tradeoffs.
- Familiarity with tools and libraries such as Boost, PlayReady, ALSA, DIAL a plus.
- Experience with memory management and multi-threaded development.
- Experience with OpenGL and/or DirectFB
- Media / Video knowledge such as codecs, media streaming, etc. would also be a plus.
- Ideally, embedded and/or consumer electronics experience.
- Ability to accurately estimate software tasks and work to schedule.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.
Flexible vacation time
We offer a generous time-off policy. In fact, for salaried employees, we don't track vacation or have official holidays. Instead, you can take as much vacation as you think is appropriate, as long as you get your job done and don't impact the team's work.
At our Bay Area headquarters, we also provide free snacks and gourmet catered lunch.
We offer medical, wellness and financial benefits to help our employees stay healthy and happy.
encourage excellent teamwork and expect everyone to perform at a high level. We are independent thinkers who are able to take action and accomplish huge things by working as a team.
Employees receive a discount on all products offered thru Roku
Roku at a glance
Roku focuses on Hardware, Advertising, Consumer Electronics, Advertising Platforms, and Online Video Advertising. Their company has offices in Los Gatos and Austin. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Roku has raised $256.759M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2016.