Roku offers streaming products so everyone can stream what they love
Sr. Software Engineer, Test
In 2008 Roku launched their first successful TV streaming device and in 2014 we opened our Cambridge office which focuses on the research and development of our new whole-home entertainment products, accompassing a range of smart TVs and wireless speakers focussing on multi-channel and multi-room audio streaming.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Software Engineer in Test, to join our team in Cambridge.
You will be collaborating with world-class global development teams applying your finest testing expertise across a range of our state-of-the-art devices. Key responsibilities will include:
- Innovation of automated test development for applications developed in C/C++
- Automated test creation using Python
- Develop and maintain test infrastructure
- Data analysis and visualisation
- Utilising Test logs, KPI’s and failure analysis to identify issues and fixes
You will use your multitude of skills to help both Software Engineers and QA Engineers to deal with the daily challenges that their roles present, you will suggest ways that they can improve quality and speed up their workflow using your specialist knowledge.
*ABOUT YOU *
We want to speak with Engineers of all levels of experience, and if you are currently working in development, with a strong interest in software quality and are open to transitioning to a test-focused or hybrid role, then we would love to hear from you.
Essential skills and experience:
- Desire to be part of a team who thrives on challenges and innovation
- Strong experience with Python and test automation frameworks
- Previous experience with Non-Functional Testing (Performance Testing, Stress Testing)
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools (Jenkins/Hudson, TeamCity, Maven, Gradle)
- Familiar with Linux systems
- Continually seek new ways to challenge software under test
- Instinctively know when a situation calls for exploratory, scripted or automated testing
- Fundamentals of defect analysis
More desirable experience includes:
- Familiar with automated testing tools (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, RestAssured, SoapUI)
- Testing compatibility with Audio/Video streaming devices
- Experience in HDMI/HDCP, Wireless Networks and Bluetooth
- Mentoring less experienced Engineers and driving automation development
- Generating and presenting quantitative reports
You will possess the skills and confidence to navigate working in a fast-paced environment and be frequently taken out of your comfort zone. You will need to be able to ask questions and apply critical thinking to situations and seize opportunities to learn and improve yourself and others, along with keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
THE CULTURE & BENEFITS
Roku endeavours to be a great place to work. Employees are trusted and encouraged to make decisions and to be leaders. We want the best people in our team and offer a competitive market salary which is reviewed twice a year. We pride ourselves in maintaining an excellent work-life balance, offering flexible working hours, unlimited vacation and lunch 4 days per week, plus a variety of unlimited snacks and drinks. You will be provided with a great working environment, but moreover, you will be part of a success that is based on building and shipping globally some of the best and fastest-growing consumer products in the world!
Flexible vacation time
We offer a generous time-off policy. In fact, for salaried employees, we don't track vacation or have official holidays. Instead, you can take as much vacation as you think is appropriate, as long as you get your job done and don't impact the team's work.
At our Bay Area headquarters, we also provide free snacks and gourmet catered lunch.
We offer medical, wellness and financial benefits to help our employees stay healthy and happy.
encourage excellent teamwork and expect everyone to perform at a high level. We are independent thinkers who are able to take action and accomplish huge things by working as a team.
Employees receive a discount on all products offered thru Roku
Roku at a glance
Roku focuses on Hardware, Advertising, Consumer Electronics, Advertising Platforms, and Online Video Advertising. Their company has offices in Los Gatos and Austin. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Roku has raised $256.759M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2016.