Roku offers streaming products so everyone can stream what they love
Senior QA Engineer - Cambridge, UK
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced and versatile Senior QA Engineer to join our team in Cambridge. Partnering with our global development teams you will be responsible for testing software across our range of devices for new product releases. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing feature guides and design specifications
- Formulating test plans and design test cases
- Create and execute tests to support product manufacturing
- Test device compatibility with HDMI/HDCP, Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth and AV streaming file types
- Setting up various combinations of test equipment for defect analysis and verification
- Supporting Alpha and Beta test programmes
- Recording test results for each test suite and provide a high-level summary for areas tested
- Taking ownership and driving the QA for product features
- Mentoring less experienced members of the team
**ABOUT YOU ** As we continue to grow, we are looking to speak with Engineers of all levels of experience.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong previous experience as a QA engineer, writing and executing QA test plans
- Knowledge of test management tools such as Jira, Confluence and TestRail
- Previous experience with home networking functionality, Wi-Fi, Audio/Video streaming devices
- Sound understanding of development processes and working in an Agile environment
- Linux and embedded systems
- Generating and presenting quantitative reports
- ISEB or ISTQB accreditation is an asset
You must possess the skills and confidence to navigate working in a fast-paced environment and be frequently taken out of your comfort zone.
**THE CULTURE &** **BENEFITS**
Roku endeavours to be a great place to work. Employees are trusted and encouraged to make decisions and to be leaders. We want the best people in our team and offer a competitive market salary which is reviewed twice a year. We pride ourselves in maintaining an excellent work-life balance, offering flexible working hours, unlimited vacation and lunch 4 days per week, plus a variety of unlimited snacks and drinks. You will be provided with a great working environment, but moreover, you will be part of a success that is based on building and shipping globally some of the best and fastest-growing consumer products in the world!
Flexible vacation time
We offer a generous time-off policy. In fact, for salaried employees, we don't track vacation or have official holidays. Instead, you can take as much vacation as you think is appropriate, as long as you get your job done and don't impact the team's work.
At our Bay Area headquarters, we also provide free snacks and gourmet catered lunch.
We offer medical, wellness and financial benefits to help our employees stay healthy and happy.
encourage excellent teamwork and expect everyone to perform at a high level. We are independent thinkers who are able to take action and accomplish huge things by working as a team.
Employees receive a discount on all products offered thru Roku
Roku at a glance
Roku focuses on Hardware, Advertising, Consumer Electronics, Advertising Platforms, and Online Video Advertising. Their company has offices in Los Gatos and Austin. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Roku has raised $256.759M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2016.