Build and share your own multiplayer video games
(0674) Senior / Principal Software Engineer - Account Security
Senior/Principal Software Engineer, Accounts Security (Bots & Spam)
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior/Principal Software Engineer, Accounts Security, on the Bots & Spam team, you will be helping to provide a safe and secure account experience for users on Roblox. We are looking for an experienced back end engineer who would be interested in helping to build features and infrastructure that will help us identify anomalous behaviors and malicious intent. If you are an engineer who is passionate about security, the Account Security team could really use your help.
- A backend engineer with 5+ years of working experience
- Familiar with building highly scalable microservices
- Experienced with compiled languages such as golang, Java or C#
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- Collaborative team member, self starter, and adaptable
- Interested in identity and/or security
You Might Have:
- Working knowledge of REST and/or gRPC APIs
- Ability to architect highly scalable microservices
- Interest in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with data pipelines and ETLs
- Exposure to technologies such as Airflow, Spark, Hive, Firehose, etc
Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
Rewarding 401(k) program
Flexible vacation policy
Daily lunch & fully stocked kitchens w/ unlimited snacks
Life insurance & disability benefits
Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
Roblox at a glance
Roblox focuses on Social Games, Video Games, Social Media Platforms, Development Platforms, and Application Platforms. Their company has offices in San Mateo. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Roblox has raised $402.736M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.