Build and share your own multiplayer video games
Senior Product Manager, Player Apps
Senior Product Manager: Player Apps
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
We are building an app platform and framework that will support Roblox apps on all devices (mobile, desktop, console, etc.). To help with this audacious goal, we’re looking for a product manager to help define and prioritize the work behind the apps that are already revolutionizing the way people connect and play for 100s of millions of players around the world.
- A Product or Engineering Manager with a history of juggling stakeholders, prioritizing features, and managing resources to deliver excellent products.
- Experienced, with 5-10 years of product management experience and a history of providing and supporting excellent software application platforms.
- Technical, comfortable with delving into the product, the platform and the implementation details. You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field. You can engage with engineering beyond just product and user experience needs; you can help design scalable and extensible solutions and create detailed product specs.
- An excellent communicator and documenter, with fantastic listening, verbal, and written communication skills. You have to be able to understand and express strategies, priorities, trade-offs, and tasks at the 30K-foot level and at the level of detailed technical specs.
- Entrepreneurial, having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch. You love to get things done.
- Data-backed, with experience identifying KPIs and working with engineering and analytics on instrumentation and monitoring.
- Testing-driven, with comfort in running AB tests in a consumer application with real business impact on the line.
- Organized, understanding that the best way to build something great is to coordinate the work of many people.
- Help identify, define, and prioritize the features, APIs, and frameworks used to engage hundreds of millions of players around the world.
- Write product and technical specifications to communicate those features.
- Balance the needs of internal stakeholders, business objectives, third-party game developers, and Roblox players with the long-term vision of Roblox.
- Work closely with many passionate internal stakeholders, engineers, designers, and product team members.
- Understand, influence, and communicate the product vision that is completely revolutionizing the way people play.
- Present and debate nuanced and difficult decisions with our highly engaged and visionary management.
- Dive into the technical nitty-gritty, helping make the right decisions on a platform that is shipping across every major consumer platform.
- Monitor analytics, KPIs, AB testing results, competitive intelligence, customer behavior, etc. to help make the right business decisions.
- Grow your career with a company that is exploding.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination
Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
Rewarding 401(k) program
Flexible vacation policy
Daily lunch & fully stocked kitchens w/ unlimited snacks
Life insurance & disability benefits
Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
Roblox at a glance
Roblox focuses on Social Games, Video Games, Social Media Platforms, Development Platforms, and Application Platforms. Their company has offices in San Mateo. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Roblox has raised $402.736M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.