Build and share your own multiplayer video games
(1579) Senior Software Engineer - Experimentation
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level. In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the experimentation team, you will be helping to build a system that can handle billions of requests a day. We are looking for an experienced back end engineer that is interested in building a scalable platform that will be used to run hundreds of experiments simultaneously on the Roblox platform. If you are an engineer who is passionate about building a highly scalable platform that will have impact throughout the company, come join the experimentation team.
- Backend engineer familiar with building highly scalable platforms
- 3+ years of work experience
- Experience with compiled languages such as C#, Java or golang
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- Collaborative team member, self starter, and adaptable
You Might Have:
- Working knowledge of REST and/or gRPC APIs
- Ability to architect highly scalable microservices
- Experience building experimentation framework or other platform services
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination
Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
Rewarding 401(k) program
Flexible vacation policy
Daily lunch & fully stocked kitchens w/ unlimited snacks
Life insurance & disability benefits
Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
Roblox at a glance
Roblox focuses on Social Games, Video Games, Social Media Platforms, Development Platforms, and Application Platforms. Their company has offices in San Mateo. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Roblox has raised $402.736M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.