Build and share your own multiplayer video games
Sr UX Designer - Developer Services
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level. In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Sr UX Designer - Developer Services, you will define and deliver backend services from the ground up with a vision to democratize creation of engaging experiences. This role is key to growing the Roblox community of developers so that they can deliver the best 3D immersive and game experiences to players all over the world.
- A seasoned Senior Designer with a proven track record of defining a customer journey across multiple touch points to deliver an excellent cohesive product experience.
- Experienced with 5+ years of practicing UX Design in a professional environment and have a Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Design, Ergonomics, or equivalent work experience
- A strong design thinker with knowledge in software/application design, productivity tooling and dev tools or services
- Well versed in the product development cycle
- Able to have a solid user centered approach and understanding of product design process
- Diverse and have extensive portfolio of work from large scale products to incubation projects
- Proficient with web services and have previous experience defining products or online services, especially compute or storage services
- Entrepreneurial: Having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch. Opinionated and willing to make calls with limited information. Comfortable advocating for the user and driving research methods while operating in a dynamic, fluid organization
- Able to engage with engineering beyond just product and user experience needs
- Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey the customer journey and any tradeoffs.
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive
- Bring creativity to problem-solving solutions
- Engage our developers directly and balance that feedback with an understanding of what is possible today and might be possible in the future to identify new opportunities.
- Lead and facilitate brainstorming, then take these early ideas and iterate, experiment, and build. Defend your POV against skeptics, while being open to feedback and adapting your ideas to deliver the best output
- Partner with other product, design and engineering teams at Roblox to ensure cohesive product functionality and value proposition, and communicate with senior executives to achieve strategic alignment
- Anticipate and make tradeoffs to help balance the business and customer needs against technical constraints
- Articulate a strong design point-of-view while taking into account multiple solutions
- Work in a highly technical environment with some of the most creative and open minded counterparts
- Be an advocate to our users
- Most importantly, help shape and define the future UX for our platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination
Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
Rewarding 401(k) program
Flexible vacation policy
Daily lunch & fully stocked kitchens w/ unlimited snacks
Life insurance & disability benefits
Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
Roblox at a glance
Roblox focuses on Social Games, Video Games, Social Media Platforms, Development Platforms, and Application Platforms. Their company has offices in San Mateo. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Roblox has raised $402.736M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.