Build and share your own multiplayer video games
Engineering Manager - Marketplace Client
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level. In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As an Engineering Manager on the Avatar Marketplace Client team, you will be responsible for all client side efforts of an international marketplace for millions of virtual items that users could acquire to customize their avatars and identities on Roblox platform. Because this is an open marketplace, surfacing the right content to the right users is just one side of the story for avatar marketplace. The team is also responsible for building web/mobile tools and pipelines for content creators and moderators, so sellers could have finer control and insights into their sales while keeping all content safe for players at all ages. We are looking for a leader with strong technical background in modern frontend web stack who’s passionate about solving user facing problems and improving user experience across all aspects of the marketplace.
- Have strong people management skills and in-depth technical knowledge regarding modern frontend tech stack and data-driven web app development
- Have managed teams to deliver complex projects that involved different backend engineering teams
- Have proven track record of hiring and growing an motivated and efficient engineering team
- Able to contribute to design decisions, and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Have excellent communication skills and know how to work with product managers on multiple projects concurrently
- A experienced engineering manager with 8+ years of work experience including 2+ years of management experience
- A Computer-Science graduate or MS graduate
- Experience in managing both people and technical aspect of a frontend team/fullstack team/feature vertical team that includes frontend engineers with direct reports
- Technical-depth in designing and building web app with modern framework, such as React, Angular, VueJS
- Adaptive management style showcasing care for team members
- Managed projects in fast pace development environment
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks (Nom nom nom.)
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community (No autographs, please.)
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
Rewarding 401(k) program
Flexible vacation policy
Daily lunch & fully stocked kitchens w/ unlimited snacks
Life insurance & disability benefits
Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
Roblox at a glance
Roblox focuses on Social Games, Video Games, Social Media Platforms, Development Platforms, and Application Platforms. Their company has offices in San Mateo. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Roblox has raised $402.736M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.