Build and share your own multiplayer video games
(1371) Backend Engineer - Marketplace Core
WHY ROBLOX? Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level. In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Backend Engineer on the Avatar Marketplace team, you will be a major contributor in building an international marketplace for millions of virtual items that users could acquire to customize their avatars and identities on Roblox platform. Because this is an open marketplace, surfacing the right content to the right users is just one side of the story for avatar marketplace. The team is also responsible for building systems that would enable content creators to provide more sophisticated content and become more successful sellers. With daily active users growing at a new record rate, we are looking for a motivated engineer that’s passionate about learning and building scalable systems for both sides of the marketplace.
- Have hands-on experienced in designing and building backend API
- Knowledgeable about backend system scalability concerns
- Capable of converting product requirements into software design
- Have solid understanding of relational database concept and experience building applications on top of it
- A Computer-Science graduate or MS graduate
- Designed and implemented backend APIs
- Experience working with relational DB (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL)
- Open to new grad from top universities
- Familiar with distributed system design and microservice concept
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination
Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
Rewarding 401(k) program
Flexible vacation policy
Daily lunch & fully stocked kitchens w/ unlimited snacks
Life insurance & disability benefits
Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
Roblox at a glance
Roblox focuses on Social Games, Video Games, Social Media Platforms, Development Platforms, and Application Platforms. Their company has offices in San Mateo. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Roblox has raised $402.736M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.