Build and share your own multiplayer video games
Principal Product Manager - Search and Discovery
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, 100% user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching close to 100 million players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is huge. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As the Principal Product Manager for Search and Discovery, you will help strategize, define, and execute the product roadmap that improves the engagement and user experience of users on Roblox.
If you are an entrepreneurial product leader, who doesn’t hesitate to propose bold ideas and put them into action, you’ll be a great fit. People who are looking for high levels of autonomy will excel here.
- An individual with a proven track record of aligning teams and prioritizing features/resources
- 5+ years of Product management experience or equivalent
3+ years of Product management experience working closely with engineering teams focused on solving large scale problems using machine learning and AI e.g.
- Optimizing for an outcome (e.g. ad revenue, CTR optimization, revenue maximization etc.)
- Ranking and relevance
- Content understanding and classification
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field.
Entrepreneurial, having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch.
Technical, comfortable with delving into the product, the platform and the implementation details. Able to engage with engineering beyond just product and user experience needs; willing to roll up sleeves and design scalable and extensible solutions and create detailed product specs.
Metrics driven, with proficiency in identifying, defining, tracking and acting upon metrics using A/B testing methods. Experience identifying KPIs and working with engineering and analytics on instrumentation and monitoring.
Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey strategies, priorities, and tradeoffs at the 30K foot level. Then engage with engineering and design through extremely detailed technical specifications and/or wireframes.
A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive.
- Be working on projects that optimize engagement of users on Roblox platform
- Working closely with engineering teams to identify new signals, validating signals and incorporating then into ranking to optimize for an outcome.
- Lead and facilitate brainstorming for First-Time User Experience, then take these early ideas and iterate, experiment, and build. Defend your POV against skeptics, while being open to feedback and adapting your ideas to deliver the best output.
- Partner with other product, design and engineering teams at Roblox, and drive strategic alignment. Enroll other teams into your product vision and align roadmaps to ensure cohesive product functionality and value proposition.
- Use relentless customer understanding and empathy to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing. Comfortable working with a highly technical developer audience.
- Balance and prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with the product vision.
- Working with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox - Powering Imagination
Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
Rewarding 401(k) program
Flexible vacation policy
Daily lunch & fully stocked kitchens w/ unlimited snacks
Life insurance & disability benefits
Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
Roblox at a glance
Roblox focuses on Social Games, Video Games, Social Media Platforms, Development Platforms, and Application Platforms. Their company has offices in San Mateo. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Roblox has raised $402.736M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.