Build and share your own multiplayer video games
Senior Application Developer - C++$150k – $230k
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior App Developer, you will be crafting the foremost experience that millions of players engage with daily. You will enhance the way people discover games and play with friends. You will be writing code with an application-first mindset, and be empowered to create cutting-edge systems that solidify Roblox as the paragon of game creation destinations. If you are a C++ master, have a passion for creating inspiring code, and are obsessed with presenting beautiful experiences you will be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Apps Team.
- A programming pioneer: you have 3-5 years of experience working on consumer applications
- C++: you are proficient in C++ with an eye for performance; preferably working on real-time applications
- Scripting Experience: you have some scripting experience, with an interest to work in lua
- Analytical: you value using metrics and logging to analyze features and user patterns
- Test-driven: you write and maintain unit and integration test
- Adaptable: you are able to shift focus and enjoy working outside your comfort zone
- Team-player: you work with and inspire others around you, taking on tasks for the greater team
- Build and ship best-in-class features used by millions of users
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure the product embodies the shared vision
- Use best programming practices, optimizing code to be performant
- Write and maintain unit and integration test
- Self-organize and take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to build the world’s best applications
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- A flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- An on-site fitness center and fitness credit program
- An annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination
Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
Rewarding 401(k) program
Flexible vacation policy
Daily lunch & fully stocked kitchens w/ unlimited snacks
Life insurance & disability benefits
Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
Roblox at a glance
Roblox focuses on Social Games, Video Games, Social Media Platforms, Development Platforms, and Application Platforms. Their company has offices in San Mateo. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Roblox has raised $98.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2017.