Build and share your own multiplayer video games
Engineering Manager - Fraud
Roblox, Engineering Manager - Fraud, San Mateo, CA
Roblox’s Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
comScore ranks Roblox as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent. In addition, Roblox has been named one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies on the Inc. 5000 for the past two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As an Engineering Manager - Fraud, you will be responsible for building our next-generation tools and services to help our global platform prevent and address all different aspects of fraud, from real-money transactions to selling virtual items on Roblox, from real world fraud and security to working on friendly-fraud scenarios. Solving problems like telling a parent with their credit card from a child with their parent's credit card apart. The team will be building new, innovative infrastructure and services to support custom fraud models and apply new techniques, like Machine Learning, to enhance fraud heuristics.
- A leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers
- Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions across platforms (website, iOS, and Android)
- Experienced, with 2+ years in an engineering management role and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Passionate about working on a large scale, consumer-facing mobile and web applications
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Data-driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Help enhance Roblox’s platform with new, innovative fraud detection capabilities
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
Rewarding 401(k) program
Flexible vacation policy
Daily lunch & fully stocked kitchens w/ unlimited snacks
Life insurance & disability benefits
Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
Roblox at a glance
Roblox focuses on Social Games, Video Games, Social Media Platforms, Development Platforms, and Application Platforms. Their company has offices in San Mateo. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Roblox has raised $402.736M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.