Build and share your own multiplayer video games
Senior Data Engineer
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in an immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior Data Engineer, for Game Discovery, you will be a key participant in helping Roblox leverage data to drive engagement. Your primary responsibility will be to work closely with product teams to build data-driven features and systems across the Roblox suite of products.
- Experienced, with 5+ Years experience in Data and Software Engineering
- Hands-on in analytics, dimensional modeling, and ETL optimization
- Proficient with procedural programming languages (e.g. Python, Java)
- Focused with writing SQL statements
- Passionate about working closely with product engineering to leverage data
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Design and build dashboards and data pipelines for Game Discovery team
- Design, build and launch new data models in production
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production
- Support existing processes running in production including Machine Learning
- Work with data infrastructure to identify infrastructure improvements and drive to resolution
- Work with product teams to identify data engineering needs to drive product experimentation
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
Rewarding 401(k) program
Flexible vacation policy
Daily lunch & fully stocked kitchens w/ unlimited snacks
Life insurance & disability benefits
Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
Roblox at a glance
Roblox focuses on Social Games, Video Games, Social Media Platforms, Development Platforms, and Application Platforms. Their company has offices in San Mateo. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Roblox has raised $402.736M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.