Build and share your own multiplayer video games
Senior IT Support
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
We are honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work® two years in a row! We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
This position will be out of Roblox HQ in San Mateo. The Roblox Corp Eng team is growing to support growth throughout the company. Roblox’s CorpEng team is all about focusing on employee productivity, and achieving operational excellence.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Enjoy solving difficult problems and partnering with teammates to solve them
- Excited when things can be automated
- You thrive in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Focused, driven and can get projects across the finish line
- You possess excellent communication skills while having a breadth of knowledge regarding IT software (SaaS), hardware and networking
- Hands on experience and extensive knowledge of macOS and Windows environments
- Experience with access/identity management (AD, G Suite, Okta, Duo)
- Proficiency with Zoom Meetings, Dropbox, Slack and similar applications
- Experience with ZenDesk or JIRA ticketing
- MDM deployment and troubleshooting experience: JAMF Pro (Casper Suite)
- Be responsible for excellent, day-to-day onsite IT support at our HQ (San Mateo)
- Provide support for our remote employees all over the world.
- Provide support for the following list of technologies and systems: Active Directory, Google Apps (GSuite), Zoom, Slack, Bitium, Duo, mobile devices, WiFi, etc.
- Work within our Zendesk ticketing system and ensure all of tickets are responded to and updated per processes.
- Be a point of contact for employee questions including troubleshooting connectivity issues and changes to system permissions.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams.
- Ensure that new employees have their machines ready to go; troubleshoot software and hardware issues on Macs and Windows machines
- Be the model for professional customer service with our internal Roblox teammates in all interactions; be the reason why IT has a good reputation at Roblox.
- Ensure proper support for business meetings, including A/V needs and conference room equipment.
- Oversee the roll out of new software releases and system upgrades, evaluate and install patches to machines, and resolve software and hardware related problems.
- Mentor other IT support team members.
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Technical degrees are a plus
- 5+ years previous IT Support experience
- Degree in Computer Science and/or related field training
- CompTIA A+ Certification or equivalent experience
- Basic ITIL processes and workflow.
- Microsoft Technology Specialist (MCTS), and/or Microsoft Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- GSuite User and/or Professional Certification
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination
Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
Rewarding 401(k) program
Flexible vacation policy
Daily lunch & fully stocked kitchens w/ unlimited snacks
Life insurance & disability benefits
Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
Roblox at a glance
Roblox focuses on Social Games, Video Games, Social Media Platforms, Development Platforms, and Application Platforms. Their company has offices in San Mateo. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Roblox has raised $402.736M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.