The World's First Robotic Digitization Company
Software Engineer, ML Infrastructure$150k – $165k • 0.05% – 0.05%
Ripcord is the world’s leading robotics digitization company, combining hardware and software robotics to process and digitize paper-based records via an Integrated SaaS offering. Focused on smart robotics digitization, smart content management with AI and helping better enable RPA and business processes.
Ripcord is transforming the $62 billion records management, RPA, MPS, and ECM space through robots that scan, index and categorize paper records, making them searchable in the cloud and integrated into existing business processes and enabling RPA. Ripcord is based in California and has raised $110 million from leading investors including CDK Global, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Baidu, Lux Capital, Silicon Valley Bank, Steve Wozniak, Legend Star, and Icon Ventures.
We respect and look after one another at Ripcord. We want everyone to feel supported, safe, free to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Crazy ideas are welcome here! Our team is fun, driven, and energetic. Every day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together.
Our first Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer will partner with our Data Scientists to design, build, and configure a foundational infrastructure for ML Operations, intended to support the automation of continuously deployed intelligence.
Prior experience building ML specific solutions is a plus. However we will consider candidates with relevant experience from other domains as well!
Over the first 12-18 Months You Will:
- Produce an ML orchestration system enabling hands off distributed training and deployment of vision models in a remote facility on a recurring basis.
- Build responsive and dynamically scalable ML pipelines enabling end user products to trigger the training and deployment of a model without the involvement of engineers or data scientists.
- Provide a reliable means for operations to monitor model performance and A/B test models in production.
What You Will Need
- Experience scaling microservices on hybrid cloud Kubernetes infrastructure
- Experience developing feature rich systems for microservice deployment and monitoring
- Experience building, managing and scaling orchestration systems for distributed computation and data management
- About 5-7+ years of industry experience
- Ideally, a Master’s or PHD in related field
What You Will Receive
- Free onsite gym complete with treadmills, free-weights, and even a Peloton Bicycle!
- Fun stuff like a ping pong table, video games, pool table, electric scooters and more!
- A great selection of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks & refreshments on-site
- Several employer paid healthcare plans (zero monthly premiums for you and your dependents!)
- Generous parental leave programs
- Catered breakfast & lunch daily
- Great vision & dental insurance
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Commuting benefits
- Dog-friendly office!
- Stock options
We never request personally identifiable information or bank account information during our recruiting or hiring process; nor do we offer up front payments as part of an offer of employment or ask you to download any 3rd party apps such as Telegram.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Ripcord, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it. Ripcord is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
100% healthcare coverage
All employees receive stock options
Breakfast, lunch & snacks
Meals, drinks, and snacks provided all day, with catered food and Eat Club
We have an onsite gym facility with cardio equipment and weights. You can also join our running club!
We love our office dogs! Looking to add to the pack :)
Ripcord at a glance
Ripcord focuses on Enterprise Software, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Document Management. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and Hayward. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Ripcord has raised $74.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2017.