Senior Hardware Engineer$170k – $172k • 0.05% – 0.3%
Ripcord is the world’s leading robotics digitization company, combining hardware and software robotics to process and digitize paper-based records via an Integrated SaaS offering. Focused on smart robotics digitization, smart content management with AI and helping better enable RPA and business processes.
Ripcord is transforming the $62 billion records management, RPA, MPS, and ECM space through robots that scan, index and categorize paper records, making them searchable in the cloud and integrated into existing business processes and enabling RPA. Ripcord is based in California and has raised $110 million from leading investors including CDK Global, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Baidu, Lux Capital, Silicon Valley Bank, Steve Wozniak, Legend Star, and Icon Ventures.
We respect and look after one another at Ripcord. We want everyone to feel supported, safe, free to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Crazy ideas are welcome here! Our team is fun, driven, and energetic. Every day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together.
The Sr. Hardware Engineer at Ripcord is an integral part of a cross-functional agile development team with direct responsibility for hardware development of features to support and improve production deployments in Japan. This role is dedicated to supporting the FFR Joint Venture.
An engineer in this position has a deep understanding of mechanisms, mechatronic systems, and automation. They are very strong problem solvers who can develop innovative solutions to complex paper and material handling challenges. They are adept at designing mechatronic systems by selecting and integrating a wide range of automation components from motors and pneumatics to sensors and cameras into novel mechanisms.
This role will collaborate with other software and hardware engineers to implement solutions to enable operations to effectively run production at scale. They will also help in the introduction, assessment, and implementation of new technologies needed to support production deployments in Japan.
What You Will Do
- Design the future of Ripcord’s automation with a focus on the hardware and mechatronics for innovative automation systems
- Drive the selection of mechanical/mechatronic components (actuators, motors, sensors)
- Develop novel solutions to complex paper and material handling challenges
- Pneumatic and electro-magnetic mechanism design, process development, and developing innovative solutions to challenging paper and material handling problems
- Continuously improve performance of production systems
- Add new functionality for customer specific requirements
- Contribute to roadmap features related to equipment enhancement
- Contribute to next-generation features relevant to FFR’s customer base and target markets
- Create documentation and processes needed to effectively deploy and maintain our systems
- Work collaboratively with the Software and Hardware engineering teams
What You Will Need
- Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical, Mechatronics, or Robotics Engineering
- 6+ years of demonstrable success in Hardware Engineering
- Proficient in automation, robotics, and machine design
- Ability to travel to Japan approximately 25% of the year
- Bonus: Proficiency with high speed paper handling systems
- Free onsite gym complete with treadmills, free-weights, and even a Peloton Bicycle!
- Fun stuff like a ping pong table, video games, pool table, electric scooters and more!
- A great selection of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks & refreshments on-site
- 100% of healthcare premiums are covered for you and all dependents
- Generous parental leave programs
- Catered breakfast & lunch daily
- Great vision & dental insurance
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Commuting benefits
- Dog-friendly office!
- Stock options
We never request personally identifiable information or bank account information during our recruiting or hiring process; nor do we offer up front payments as part of an offer of employment or ask you to download any 3rd party apps such as Telegram.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ripcord is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
100% healthcare coverage
All employees receive stock options
Breakfast, lunch & snacks
Meals, drinks, and snacks provided all day, with catered food and Eat Club
We have an onsite gym facility with cardio equipment and weights. You can also join our running club!
We love our office dogs! Looking to add to the pack :)
Ripcord at a glance
Ripcord focuses on Enterprise Software, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Document Management. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and Hayward. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Ripcord has raised $74.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2017.