Sr. Robotics Engineer$170k – $172k • 0.05% – 0.3%
Ripcord is the world’s leading robotics digitization company, combining hardware and software robotics to process and digitize paper-based records via an Integrated SaaS offering. Focused on smart robotics digitization, smart content management with AI and helping better enable RPA and business processes.
Ripcord is transforming the $62 billion records management, RPA, MPS, and ECM space through robots that scan, index and categorize paper records, making them searchable in the cloud and integrated into existing business processes and enabling RPA. Ripcord is based in California and has raised $110 million from leading investors including CDK Global, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Baidu, Lux Capital, Silicon Valley Bank, Steve Wozniak, Legend Star, and Icon Ventures.
We respect and look after one another at Ripcord. We want everyone to feel supported, safe, free to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Crazy ideas are welcome here! Our team is fun, driven, and energetic. Every day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together.
The Sr. Robotics Engineer at Ripcord is an integral part of a cross-functional agile development team with direct responsibility for system architecture and design of the next-generation of digitization robotics and processes. You will be a recognized expert at Ripcord in robotics design and development. Part of your role will be focused on improving production deployments in Japan. This role is dedicated to supporting the FFR Joint Venture.
An engineer in this position has a deep understanding of embedded and industrial robots, mechatronics, and automation. They are strong problem solvers who can lead the development of innovative solutions to complex paper and material handling challenges. They are adept at developing electrical, communication, and control systems by selecting and integrating a wide range of mechatronic components from motors and pneumatics to sensors and vision systems.
This role will collaborate with other software and hardware engineers to implement solutions to enable operations to effectively run production at scale. They will also assist in the introduction, assessment, and implementation of new technologies needed to develop the next generation of digitization robotics and processes.
If You Live For:
- Disciplined engineering research and product development
- Developing complex multi-discipline systems as part of a cross functional team
- Driving the detail design of robotic/mechatronic systems - getting the details right
- Producing efficient, innovative, and optimized robotic/mechatronic solutions
- Designing and building proof of concepts for novel designs - then seeing them through to production release
- Actively participating in your designs coming to life, building and testing the system you designed
We’d like to talk to you!
What You Will Do
- Design the future of Ripcord’s digitization systems with a focus on the hardware/software stack for complex robotic systems
- Drive the selection of mechatronic components (actuators, motors, sensors, vision systems)
- Develop novel solutions to complex paper and material handling challenges
- Develop the state machines, logic flows, and firmware that make Ripcord systems the best in the industry
- Support the continuous improvement of Ripcord’s Firmware Development Process
- Create documentation and processes needed to effectively deploy and maintain our systems
- Work collaboratively with the Software and Hardware engineering teams
What You Will Need
- Bachelors or Masters in Robotics, Mechanical, Mechatronics, or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in robotics
- embedded systems: C#, python, C/C++
- Expertise in robotics, mechatronics, embedded systems
- Bonus: Proficient in PLC languages (IEC 61131-3), specifically Structured Text
- Free onsite gym complete with treadmills, free-weights, and even a Peloton Bicycle!
- Fun stuff like a ping pong table, video games, pool table, electric scooters and more!
- A great selection of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks & refreshments on-site
- 100% of healthcare premiums are covered for you and all dependents
- Generous parental leave programs
- Catered breakfast & lunch daily
- Great vision & dental insurance
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Commuting benefits
- Dog-friendly office!
- Stock options
We never request personally identifiable information or bank account information during our recruiting or hiring process; nor do we offer up front payments as part of an offer of employment or ask you to download any 3rd party apps such as Telegram.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ripcord is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
100% healthcare coverage
All employees receive stock options
Breakfast, lunch & snacks
Meals, drinks, and snacks provided all day, with catered food and Eat Club
We have an onsite gym facility with cardio equipment and weights. You can also join our running club!
We love our office dogs! Looking to add to the pack :)
Ripcord at a glance
Ripcord focuses on Enterprise Software, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Document Management. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and Hayward. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Ripcord has raised $74.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2017.