To reduce crime in neighborhoods
Ring is looking for a talented incident responder to join our team. Our team is growing, and we need people who are going to not just work tickets, but actively improve the systems we use to detect problems.
- Monitoring our SIEM for notable events, and running them down to completion.
- Tuning our SIEM to look for new threats, or to make existing threats easier to find.
- Fulfilling on-call responsibilities as part of the team’s rotation.
- Performing forensics on affected systems as needed.
- Occasional purple team exercises with our red team.
- Write and maintain procedures and policies.
- 1 year of experience using Splunk Enterprise Search
- 1 years of experience using Amazon Web Services
- 1 year of experience writing automation utilities in a scripting language, preferably python.
- 2 years of experience in a front-line incident response role, handling technical security issues.
- Comfortable operating at the command line.
- Understand the basics of using the volatility or rekall frameworks.
- Clear, concise, and calm communication style.
- Strong understanding of Linux networking and process management.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.