To reduce crime in neighborhoods
Systems Engineer - SaaSOps
Ring (www.ring.com) is looking for a Systems Engineer - SaaSOps to join our Information Technology team!
This role will support the Ring IT services team in planning, executing, and maintaining numerous IT related solutions. The team’s area of responsibility developing software and infrastructure solutions relating to Okta, BetterCloud, FreshService, AWS, Slack, G-Suite, Atlassian and GitHub; building identity and access management solutions for a large number of cloud-based applications; independently managing and executing a wide variety of technology projects; and engineering high-quality processes for the IT Helpdesk. Being successful in this role requires a personal drive to automate everything and raise IT maturity, and an obsession with planning and execution of complex technical projects.
The ideal candidate will have a proven and demonstrable track record of being the lead engineer in driving complex infrastructure projects forward, as well as a rich history in providing support to dozens of internal groups in high-tech companies. Unquestioned comfort in acting as both the face and core member of a growing engineering team is price-of-admission.
- Quickly adapt to a cutting-edge environment, and identify the key projects that your experience will provide the most impact.
- Take ownership of current projects and act as the principle driver.
- Manage a timeline of deliverables, including measurements of success & real-time analysis of the impact being provided.
- Communicate plans and status in a consistent manner and on a regular basis.
- Stay abreast of concurrent projects being run by other team members, both inside and outside of the IT group to identify potential conflicts or redundancies.
- Interface with outside vendors, third party support teams, and various external resources to accomplish the established goals provided by leadership.
- Act as product, process, and project champion for the improvements both planned and unplanned.
- Interface with internal teams to identify opportunities where the IT group can provide assistance.
- Identify under- or misused resources to reduce wastes in cost or time management.
- Take leadership in assessing and selecting new technologies to be implemented or improved.
- Always ask “Can we do this better with code?”
- 3+ years of experience in enterprise-level IT services.
- 3+ years of experience working with a Cloud Identity as a Service (IdaaS) solution like Okta, BetterCloud, SailPoint, Azure AD Premium or Centrify.
- 3+ years implementing and supporting SAML, OpenID Connect and federated authentication.
- 3+ years of experience scripting Identity and Directory synchronization using REST APIs, SCIM, Python or Powershell.
- 3+ years of experience managing E-mail and E-mail migrations from platforms like G-Suite and Office365 to Exchange On-Premise.
- 3+ years of experience planning, executing and managing technical projects independently.
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP and Internet technologies like digital certificates, well-known TCP ports, web server security, AWS security.
- Experience working on an Agile or Scrum team.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.