To reduce crime in neighborhoods
Software Development Engineer
Ring is looking for a Software Development Engineer who will help us create the next generation of apps, and services. In this role, you will work as a part of the Neighbors team working closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, marketers, designers, and product managers to design, test, learn, and iterate on solutions in a fast-paced environment.
Ring launched the Neighbors app as a public safety communication tool that allows users to view and share real-time crime and safety alerts with their neighbors. Anyone with an iOS or Android device can download Neighbors and use the app to: view neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team. As a Software Development Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of the Neighbors product building backend services to serve our customers.
- Design and document distributed systems and microservices
- Implement robust and maintainable code with clear and maintained documentation
- Delivering customer value in iterative fashion while working towards longer term systems to solve roadmap goals with increasing efficiency.
- Communicate status and changes to the work they are responsible and accountable for, keep all stakeholders informed of changes and updates to original plan.
- Implement test automation on all code implemented through unit testing and integration testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience working on production systems
- 3+ years of experience working with OO design/development principles.
- 3+ years experience working with RESTful architecture for web services.
- 3+ Experience in a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Go, Ruby, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience working with AWS services (S3, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, EC2 )
- Experience working with cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operation.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.