To reduce crime in neighborhoods
Sr Software Development Engineer - Ring Cloud Services
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of core cloud services at Ring. You will have significant influence on our overall tech strategy, drive the system architecture, and spearhead best practices that enable a quality product.
This role involves design, architecture, implementation, and operation of the large-scale cloud systems that make our neighborhood safer. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of these services, and the feature roadmap. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product.
If this sounds interesting to you, come join us!
- Has a strong foundation in software development, design patterns, and cloud computing.
- Has experience working with large scale cloud systems, and understanding how to architect and build them
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
- Promotes robust and maintainable code, clear documentation, and can deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience building successful production software systems
- 7+ years of experience with OO design/development skills
- 5+ years of experience in REST architecture for web services
- 5+ years of experience in a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Go, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with working on AWS services (S3, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, EC2).
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.