To reduce crime in neighborhoods
Senior Software Engineer - Android
Ring is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Android application team focusing on the Ring Alarm product.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing on the Android platform, including Java, Android Studio and Kotlin
- 3+ years of experience with restful APIs to backend services
- 3+ years of experience with continuous integration, automated unit testing and integration testing
- 3+ years of experience publishing Android apps on Google Play
- Deep understanding of agile principles and exposure to various process implementations
- 7+ years experience designing and developing Android applications
- Understanding of the Android SDK, dealing with different versions of Android and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle, including the Android deployment/release system.
- Knowledge of the Android ecosystem and libraries available for common tasks
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Design and build mobile application UI components for consumption and usage.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications through architectural input and mentoring peers
- Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.