Empowering the people who power the world
Heavy Industrial Strategic Account Manager
The Construction team at RigUp is seeking a seasoned sales professional to join our team as a National Strategic Account Manager focused on winning new business within the US market and up-selling new products to current clients. This role will be responsible for driving revenue and market share growth. We are seeking an individual with an extensive network and sales management experience and who has deep experience in the Commercial, Industrial and Energy industries, with particular preference to the following Heavy Industrials sectors: Manufacturing (Auto, Light Rail, Durable Goods), Metals/Mining, Pulp/Paper/Packaging, and Pharmaceuticals/BioPharmaceuticals Manufacturing or Production. The role will be focused around Identifying and securing new business opportunities and expanding the RigUp Brand. Additionally you will work on sales strategy development, playbook execution, and sales performance within the business unit to manage and up-sell our current book of business. Critical to success in the role is the ability to leverage your network to identify upcoming opportunities, prepare and present RigUp products/services, as well as the ability to work cross-functional throughout the RigUp business units. Sound like you? Keep reading!
What you'll be doing:
- Identify new business opportunities, set meetings, pitch offerings and close sales within your target accounts.
- Create detailed business plans to facilitate the attainment of goals and quotas in existing and new markets.
- Build strategic relationships with key accounts in order to up-sell and grow to meet our revenue goals.
- Identify market changes within your specific segments.
- Engage as a subject matter expert to the overall Industry.
- Work with Marketing, Production and Development teams to advise and improve products and services based on feedback from clients, as well as broader industry trends.
- Develop a high level understanding of current systems used by our buyers & how our solutions would interface/displace them.
- Keep up to date with trends and changes within the construction industry that may present opportunities for RigUp to better serve buyers.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events to build relationships.
- Travel: This role will require 25% - 50% travel > 2-3 Days, 1-2 Weeks Per Month.
What you should have:
- 10+ years of B2B sales experience within the Heavy Industrial industries. Of particular interest are: Manufacturing (Auto, Light Rail, Durable Goods), Metals/Mining, Pulp/Paper/Packaging, and Pharmaceuticals/BioPharmaceuticals Manufacturing or Production.
- 5+ years experience working for construction staffing firms or subcontractors focused on skilled trades.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, construction management, or engineering field preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, business acumen, and presentation skills - ability to acquire the attention and trust of both senior/director-level executives as well as field supervisors and consultants.
- Ready to leverage all your resources; people, skills, and technology to their fullest.
- Solid time-management skills - someone who won’t get a good night sleep until CRM entries are complete (Salesforce experience a plus).
- Experience participating in regional and national industry conferences and seminars.
- Extensive knowledge of your respective industry.
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
RigUp at a glance
RigUp focuses on Energy, Marketplaces, Software, and Marketplace. Their company has offices in Austin. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, RigUp has raised $452.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.