Making humans more defensible against cyber threats
Full Stack Engineer (React & Ruby on Rails) - Remote$15k – $36k
At Right-Hand, our mission is to make humans more defensible against cyber threats. In today’s dynamic and ever-evolving threat landscape, cyber attackers possess advanced capabilities to evade traditional technological security layers (like an email security platform or a firewall). This forces a company’s employees to serve as the last line of defense. However, with roughly 90% of cyber attacks occurring due to human error, it is evident that most employees are not prepared for these scenarios. Right-Hand is uniquely positioned to help organizations address this massive issue and reduce human-influenced cyber risk.
The daily fulfillment of this mission would not be possible without the cornerstone of Right-Hand’s business - its people. We firmly believe if we take care of our employees, they will take care of our customers, and the rest will work itself out. The founding team at Right-Hand has created a culture that is truly transparent, motivating, and fast-paced to attract and retain the top talent in the industry. If you want to join this mission-driven team and believe you fit the profile below, let’s talk!
As a senior full-stack engineer at Right-Hand, you will be part of our small, agile team that is building and designing our next generation cyber security platform and utilities.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Rails and React developer who thrives in an agile environment and has a passion for developing high-quality, maintainable code using the latest technologies. We are looking for curious, collaborative teammates who are eager to teach what they already know and is excited to take responsibility for large parts of our applications. Your technical judgment and experience will help us build the tools today that will redefine tomorrow’s cybersecurity landscape.
Technologies we use: Rails, Angular, React, Amazon cloud service, Docker/Elastic, Fargate, AWS Lambda, RSpec, Go
This is a remote role. You will be based in your home country. Once or twice each year we might invite you to join our Singapore HQ to work in-house.
Get to know the Role:
- Direct, design, plan, and document software architecture, software interfaces, software development, and software workflow.
- Plan and design system security, and ensuring pre-release system security checks.
- Coordinate teams in troubleshooting issues on software systems and setup, inclusive of servers/storage/network.
- Provide API/SDK usage guidance, training, and technical documentation to internal and external parties.
- Provide technical insights into the design and implementation of solutions.
- Responsible for the software development life cycle and ensuring development meet required standards.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all activities between software development, product engineering, and product management.
- Estimation and timely delivery of software systems.
- Develop maintainable and reusable systems
- Adopt and evolve best engineering practices
The day-to-day activities:
- Provide technical leadership to software engineers by coaching and mentoring throughout end-to-end software development, maintenance, and lifecycle to achieve project goals to the required level of quality; promote team engagement and motivation.
- Provide input to the software engineering manager for estimates, resource needs, milestones, and risks; ensure effective delegation, monitoring tasks, identifying risks, and handling mitigation and escalations.
- Provide hands-on technical and functional input to design, maintenance, build, integration, and testing of complex software components according to functional and technical design specifications; Follow software development methodologies and release processes.
- Analyze and provide input for the requirements and provide impact assessment for new features or bug fixes. Make high-level design and establishes technical standards.
- Represent and lead discussions related to product/application/modules/team and build relationships with internal customers/stakeholders.
- Enforces quality processes (such as performing technical root cause analysis and outlining corrective action for given problems), measure them, and takes corrective actions in case of variances and ensure all the project agreed deliverables are completed to the required level of quality.
- Design and implement RESTful APIs
- Write unit, functional and end-to-end tests
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
The Must Haves:
- A proactive approach in terms of getting things done in a fast-paced startup environment
- Taking ownership and responsibility of components and modules
- Being a team player and helping the team achieve shared objectives
- Familiarity with the entire web stack (frontend, backend, and database), and web performance optimization techniques
- Hands-on experience in React and Ruby-on-Rails
- Good understanding of modern web frameworks
- Experience of designing Restful APIs
- Experience using Relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Knowledge of Web security and performance
- Knowledge and experience with Software Design patterns
- Knowledge and experience with Application Integration patterns
- At least 5-8 years of professional experience shipping web applications to production.
- Knowledge of Docker and CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiarity with AWS architecture.
- An eager to learn mindset, positive attitude, and an unrivaled level of effort
Nice to have:
- Experience with data modeling
- Familiarity with build and deployment concepts
- Familiarity with cloud systems such as Azure or AWS
- Experience with web application security and performance tuning
- Experience in the Cybersecurity industry
- Experience building microservices
What we offer:
- Challenging working environment
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- 20 paid holidays per year
- Work from home or abroad
Diversity and Inclusion are more than just words for us. Our commitment to inclusion across gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ability, socioeconomic background, immigration statuses, and experiences drives us forward every day. We foster an open, tolerant, and constructive work environment with a team consisting of diverse views and backgrounds.
Right-Hand is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire and promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We encourage all interested applicants to apply.
Right-Hand Cybersecurity at a glance
Right-Hand Cybersecurity focuses on Cyber Security. Their company has offices in Singapore. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Right-Hand Cybersecurity has raised $1M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.