The buy before you sell platform
Senior Product Manager
Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
Set New Standards. Our mission requires a new way forward. We start from first-principles to be different, creative and bold. Big or small, we create new norms.
Build Together. We are one team, one mission, creating vibrant communities of belonging. We unite in our passion and collaborate with optimism, integrity and trust. * *
Learn, Teach, Grow. In service of delivering a world class experience, we actively learn from our community, educate others, and celebrate the victories and struggles that come along the way.
How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Lead a cross functional product, engineering & design team to focus on the most impactful projects that empower the entire company to help homebuyers, sellers, agents, lenders, and the entire housing ecosystem.
- Work closely with engineers and designers to help us execute on the most impactful initiatives
- Work closely with functions across the company whom we serve as customers (operations, finance and risk, growth, engineering).
What we're looking for:
- Product judgment - You make the right calls in product decisions based on deep user empathy, data, and your product instincts.
- Leadership - You can inspire the team, resolve conflicts, and create alignment. People want to follow you to build great products.
- Business acumen - Ribbon is a complex business. You will need to understand the whole business so you can drive the best product decisions.
- Data chops - You should be a natural at diving into the metrics through our data tools, as well as choose the right metrics to set the team up for success.
- Relentlessly resourceful - You find a way to get the most challenging things done through determination and creativity.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical, working experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a Product Management role
- Built world-class products, ideally a real-world marketplace or a product with a strong operations component
- Technical knowledge of how software works and what's difficult and what's possible
- Founder experience is a huge plus
- Design or software engineering experience is a plus
What we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation
- Regular team lunches
- Discounted fitness benefits
- Commuter benefits
- FSA + HSA
- Learning + development stipend
- Meaningful equity in the company
Read more about our engineering culture here!
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’d be excited to show up for work each day, we’d be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon we’re not scared of differences. It’s how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, we’ve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.
We're proud to offer Health, Dental, and Vision plans
You'll have plenty of opportunity to invest in your future
You deserve a fair share for the value you put into the company
We don't track vacation days - everyone here is trusted to manage their own time
Weekly catered lunch
Every Tuesday, we have lunch brought in
We offer discounted fitness memberships to Classpass, NYCHRC, and NYSC
Dogs welcome on fridays
We invite our 4-legged friends in for Furry Fridays
Company offsites, celebrations, and more
Ribbon at a glance
Ribbon focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Software, Real Estate Investors, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in New York City, Raleigh, Charlotte, and Nashville. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Ribbon has raised $300M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.