The buy before you sell platform
Sales Development Representative
Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
Set New Standards. Our mission requires a new way forward. We start from first-principles to be different, creative and bold. Big or small, we create new norms.
Build Together. We are one team, one mission, creating vibrant communities of belonging. We unite in our passion and collaborate with optimism, integrity and trust. * *
Learn, Teach, Grow. In service of delivering a world class experience, we actively learn from our community, educate others, and celebrate the victories and struggles that come along the way.
The Growth team gets to help live out Ribbon’s mission of making homeownership achievable every day. As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you'll help us grow revenue. We are on pace to quadruple in size this year but need an increased flow of qualified leads for our inside sales team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to start a sales career on the ground floor of an exciting business. You’ll work on a fast-paced, tenacious team with teammates who thrive as a unit.
How you'll make homeownership achievable:
- Become an expert at using lead generation tools to generate lists of target prospect accounts
- Qualify prospects based on their current challenges and needs using targeted and relevant questions
- Schedule discovery calls and appointments for our inside sales team
- Gain proficiency using a sales development platform to execute the outreach process consisting of phone, email, and social touches
- Meet or exceed qualified lead/deal/appointment quota every month
- Strive to continuously improve your sales development process and demonstrate a willingness to learn and implement best practices
- Represent and demonstrate our company values, brand, and mission
What we're looking for:
- Ability to speak with all parties to the real estate transaction and ask intelligent questions
- Genuine customer empathy
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to be highly self-motivated and work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- A thirst for knowledge and growth in a startup environment
- Sense of urgency and persistence
- Flexibility! We are a small company that moves and reacts fast.
- Prior lead generation/sales prospecting experience
- Prior sales experience via Phone (1+ years)
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’d be excited to show up for work each day, we’d be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon we’re not scared of differences. It’s how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, we’ve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.
We're proud to offer Health, Dental, and Vision plans
You'll have plenty of opportunity to invest in your future
You deserve a fair share for the value you put into the company
We don't track vacation days - everyone here is trusted to manage their own time
Weekly catered lunch
Every Tuesday, we have lunch brought in
We offer discounted fitness memberships to Classpass, NYCHRC, and NYSC
Dogs welcome on fridays
We invite our 4-legged friends in for Furry Fridays
Company offsites, celebrations, and more
Ribbon at a glance
Ribbon focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Software, Real Estate Investors, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in New York City, Raleigh, Charlotte, and Nashville. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Ribbon has raised $300M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.