freelance labor and machine learning
Software Engineer In Test III
About the Position
Do you want to work at a high-growth company where your impact is seen and rewarded? Are you looking for the autonomy to do your best work? We are seeking a Software Engineer In Test III to develop and lead a team of engineers to help shape the future of testing at Rev. This team is currently small, so you will be on the ground floor helping to shape the future of testing and its relationship with our engineering teams.
- Be responsible for decisions that have direct impact on the long-term success or failure of their team
- Lead implementation effort for automation tools
- Manage the backlog of large efforts, structuring work to deliver value, and learn as early as possible
- Identify and proposes strategies around technical problems affecting their team
- Continuously improve frameworks through refactoring, evaluating potential libraries, etc...
- Be a mentor and resource for team members
- Support and educate engineering teams interacting with testing frameworks
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Possess a solid knowledge of QA methodologies and tools
- Have knowledge and experience with the latest and greatest test frameworks for automation
- Believe that design patterns belong in test code
- Consider test code as part of the source code
- Have enterprise level experience using Selenium WebDriver using Java (or other bindings)
- Have been a mentor to team members
- Thrive working in startup environments and cultures
- Have a proven track record of creating, writing and running a variety of tests
- Can spot flaws and inconsistencies
- Are detail-oriented and have the ability to analyze complicated data sets
- A strong propensity for research and investigation
Life at Rev
Rev is a profitable, growth-stage startup that specializes in meeting the speech-to-text needs of hundreds of thousands of customers annually through its unmatched combination of the world's most accurate speech A.I. and the world's largest community of freelancers working side-by-side.
Rev's suite of products includes transcription, captioning, subtitling, as well as a live-captioning app for Zoom video conferencing. Rev also boasts seamless integrations with YouTube and Vimeo, as well as custom APIs for enterprise clients who need novel speech-to-text solutions.
Founded in 2010 by five MIT alumni, Rev has raised millions of dollars in venture capital from top Silicon Valley VCs and experienced exceptionally rapid growth, both internally and externally. Rev was recently named by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies and is a destination for the world's foremost engineers and speech scientists.
Our mission is to help the world overcome the limits of the spoken word. Our vision is to transcend all barriers of communication. Joining Rev means joining a team of smart, passionate, and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals. Oh, and tons of perks!
- Get Paid: Be generously compensated by a well-funded startup. Enjoy full benefits, options, and a 401k.
- Customize Your Workspace: Want a stand-up desk? Need plants? Ergonomic chair? No problem. Your budget, your choices.
- Make a Difference: Be measured by your impact, not your effort. Help create real jobs for real people.
- Work Where You Want: Be free to stay at home, come to the office, or work from a coffee shop.
- Have Fun: Plan and participate in events like field day, baseball games, ski trips and happy hours.
- Stretch Yourself: Learn new skills, talk to customers, drive product improvements, or learn to design. We will push you to your limits.
Rev is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Rev.com's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Be generously compensated by a well-funded startup. Enjoy full benefits, equity, and a 401k.
Work where you want
Be free to stay at home, come in to the office, or work from a coffee shop.
Learn new skills: talk to customers, drive product improvements, or learn to design. We will push you to your limits.
Plan and participate in events like bowling, baseball games, ski trips and happy hours.
Make a difference
Be measured by your impact, not your effort. Help create real jobs for real people.
Customize your workspace
Want a stand-up desk? Need plants? PC? No problem. Your budget, your choices.
Rev at a glance
Rev focuses on Virtual Workforces. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Austin. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Rev has raised $4.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2013.