Engaging and effective Agile retrospectives
Director of Digital Marketing - Remote - US$80k – $100k • 0.05% – 0.1%
Please apply if you live in and are authorized to work in the US. Please no recruiters, placement agencies, or consulting firms!
If you have any issues applying for this role through AngelList, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Director of Digital Marketing” as the subject.
Retrium is a funded startup that helps teams improve their agile processes by facilitating effective and engaging retrospective meetings. With over 170,000 retrospectives run on our platform, we’re the trusted leader in our market, and we’ve been helping teams continuously improve since 2015.
We’re also a small but growing cross-functional team of passionate and fun people. We have an outstanding leadership team and a dedication to company culture, so you’ll always feel connected to our mission, even though you will work from home. We’re lucky enough to have an awesome product, great revenue growth, high customer satisfaction, and low churn. Now, we need an expert in all things digital - paid, organic, social, and email - to join our growing organization!
Here’s a video from our last retreat that shows a bit about our company culture: https://retrium.wistia.com/medias/yk8pz2q3ma
The right candidate for the Director of Digital Marketing at Retrium has extensive experience designing and leading SaaS customer acquisition programs. If you have used growth marketing tactics to plan, execute, and optimize paid marketing campaigns, increase organic search rankings, and engage with customers via email campaigns and social media, read on for more information. You may even think of yourself as a Growth Marketer with a strong skill set of tactical execution using digital channels to achieve your goals.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, you’ll join Retrium’s marketing team to own the strategy and execution on all our digital channels. This role is new, so there’s an opportunity to put your unique spin on all digital marketing at Retrium and possibly manage a team as we scale. Because our core values include “Default to Autonomy”, “Bias for Action”, and “Level Up”, you’ll need to be a self-starter who can brainstorm possibilities, execute tasks, and adjust all the processes related to marketing.
As the Director of Digital Marketing, you’ll join a growing team dedicated to converting and retaining our core customers, so it’s critical to cultivate a deep understanding of the agile market, our product, and our customers. We’re a product-led organization, so having the mindset that products are bought and not sold is core to what we do.
We’re looking for someone who is eager to introduce new channels and campaigns into our marketing mix to find additional ways to drive customer acquisition. You’ll manage a budget to fund and test experiments using digital channels, share the results with the team, and turn those insights into action. You’ll work closely with design and content marketing, and you should understand the dependence of digital marketing on content to be successful at Retrium. In addition to working closely with your peers on the marketing team, you’ll also collaborate with product and customer experience to incorporate additional data points into your analysis to understand how to best connect with customers.
Retrium focuses on data-driven decision-making, so being a highly analytical person who is comfortable examining data from multiple tools and channels is critical. We definitely need someone who is obsessed with attribution to keep track of what’s working and not working. Additionally, you’ll track a collection of KPIs including site traffic, ad conversions to leads, lead conversions to PQLs, and PQL conversions to customers.
If you want a job that’s integral to a company’s expansion and growth and where there are opportunities to learn, lead, and make a real impact, then this role is for you!
More than anything else, we’re looking for a self-motivated person who is passionate about finding new ways to meaningfully engage with customers across digital channels and can showcase success by putting that passion into practice.
We believe that the following collection of experiences and abilities would make someone successful in this position. However, we encourage anyone to apply if you believe you have what it takes to succeed in this role.
- 5+ years experience as a digital marketer with a history of increasing responsibility and success
- Experience increasing a company’s online presence through SEO, SEM, and social advertising
- Excellent testing and optimization skills as it relates to ad and content performance
- A data-driven mindset that uses metrics to inform campaign development and optimization decisions toward the goal of continuous improvement
- Understanding and experience with a variety of digital marketing channels and techniques, and a passion to learn about many more
- The passion and drive to learn about Retrium, retrospectives, and our customer personas
- Google Analytics certification, or have a similar level of skill, and are intimately familiar with Google Ads
- HubSpot certification, or have a similar level of skill, and are intimately familiar with HubSpot’s CRM
- Experience in a SaaS company, distributed team, and/or startup
- Experience in or understanding of an agile organization is a plus
- Ability to prioritize, track, and manage the moving parts of multiple projects and campaigns
- Ability to adapt quickly, work independently, and achieve deadlines in a fast-paced environment
We provide amazing benefits, and if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefits we offer employees are the ability to make a meaningful contribution to the company and the opportunities to “Listen. Learn. Teach”, another core value.
Our other benefits include:
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing, funded startup
- Health, dental, and vision insurance coverage for you and your family
- Twelve weeks of paid parental leave
- Minimum vacation policy, twelve paid holidays, and “last Fridays” (we encourage you to ask us about this!)
- Flexible, sustainable work hours
- Work from home or a company-sponsored co-working office
- All the equipment you need to do your job, plus a home office budget
- Learning and development budget, lunch and learns, and book club
- Annual company retreats
Retrium is committed to creating a diverse environment where you can “Be Your Amazing Self”, yet another core value. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Meet your team
Retrium at a glance
Retrium focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Meeting Software, and Collaboration. Their company has offices in Washington DC. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Retrium has raised $2.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.