A marketplace for scheduling research interviews with business professionals
Head of Product Management (Remote)
At Respondent, our mission is to Make Research Inclusive. Our marketplace empowers entire organizations by connecting researchers with verified business professionals so they can conduct the kind of research interviews that yield invaluable results. With these new insights, high-quality decision making is scaled across our customer’s organization and innovation flourishes. B2B companies like IBM, Stripe, Atlassian, Twilio, Microsoft, and many more choose to leverage Respondent to conduct their research interviews and make smarter business decisions. We are a small (but quickly growing), fully remote tech startup. Working as a distributed team allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location. We look forward to learning more about you and how you might fit into our thriving community of initiative-takers and diverse thinkers.
What you'll do
- You will report to the CEO, and work closely with other leadership team members to develop and execute a product strategy that is aligned with customer needs and the company's mission
- As head of product, you will exclusively own specific product KPIs like conversion and time to value which feed directly into hitting revenue targets. We are a product led growth company which means the product is responsible for driving revenue growth
- You will work closely with engineering to develop product using an agile methodology
- You deeply understand what Respondent’s vision, mission, and company goals are
- You will drive and execute the product roadmap and will be responsible for prioritizing what we build in order to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives of the company
- You will own Respondents product KPIs and will consistently monitor and use marketplace unit economics to steer us toward long-term sustainable growth toward doubling revenue this year
- You will be responsible for defining the release process and coordinating all of the activities required to launch and take products to market
- You will determine which ideas should be promoted into features to push the product strategy forward — namely those that will achieve key objectives for the product and business
- You will discuss technical implementation details with engineers and make trade-offs to strike a balance between meeting the customer needs and hitting deadlines and company goals
- You will work across the product to collect needed data to make decisions. You have a scrappy, quick method for collecting data and make decisions with imperfect information.
- You will be a liaison between product and engineering and work together to ensure engineering understands requirements
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer, and create processes to institutionalize the collection and incorporation of customer feedback and market research
Who you are
- You have past experience working in a high quality product led growth environment
- You are entrepreneurial minded with a bias toward action and a willingness to take ownership. You operate like a business owner and think about the company holistically when making decisions.
- You understand how to work in an agile environment and know what it takes to iterate quickly. You recognize this is crucial to the success of the business
- You have technical prowess and can navigate code so that you can best understand the technical limitations of a product
- You can make sense of data and write queries for data analysis
- You are constantly testing to prove hypotheses right or wrong. You embrace failure and do what it takes to reach the best outcome possible while also mitigating business-threatening risks
- You are well aligned with Respondent’s company values and understand what these values mean in a real working environment
- You are able to switch between tactical to strategic work with ease. You are energized by working on many different things at once and you are not afraid of occasional chaos
- As head of product, you will sit in the leadership team and you will be expected to live up to Respondents leadership principles
- Understand the perspective and role of each function in the business and evaluate competing interests in light of top-line business objectives
Respondent at a glance
Respondent focuses on Marketplaces and Marketplace. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, and New York. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Respondent has raised $6.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.