Junior Software Engineer - InternNo equity
Rent Items’ Software Engineering Internship is an opportunity to work on developing exciting new web-based and mobile software. Be prepared to use the latest technology and software development tools and engage in a challenging environment. Working with our innovative and energetic technology team, as our Software Engineer - Intern, you will use your creativity to contribute on implementing new features and functionality and collaborate with other interns and senior team members to ensure our rental community’s experience is continuing to improve and receives the best technology tools.
Here at Rent Items everyone has a direct contribution in improving the quality of life and wellbeing of our communities. Everything you do will have a tremendous impact on the way people live, work, collaborate, share.
As a Rent Items’ Intern you will be expected to be proactive in solving major challenges and be given stretch projects to ensure you experience a high level of growth and learning opportunities.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our software.
• Make a significant contribution to technical projects and meet deadlines.
• Be eager to learn and offer insights into the latest technology advancements.
• Be receptive to ongoing technical innovation.
• Completed at least 2-years towards a BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent work experience.
• Experience developing web applications with Angular.
• Understand several of the following concepts: material design, machine learning, information retrieval, artificial intelligence (AI), networking, developing large software systems, and/or secure software development.
• Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
• Experience with any of the following technologies: React, GCP and/or AWS, relational and NoSQL databases, Bootstrap, SCSS, UI prototyping (Sketch, Adobe Figma/XD, etc.), Firestore, Firebase, Stripe, emailing services (Mailgun, SendGrid, etc.), SMS Gateway APIs (e.g. Twilio).
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.