Peer-to-Peer Rental Marketplace
Mobile Software Engineer$0k – $80k • 0.0% – 1.0%
A RentItem’s Mobile Software Developer will be responsible for developing technology that empowers individuals and businesses to conduct commerce on their mobile devices by sharing and renting assets. As a Mobile Software Engineer, you will use your technical skills and ingenuity to implement new features and functionality while collaborate with other team members to ensure lives are improving because of the technology you are building. We have junior, mid-level, and senior-level opportunities available.
Here at Rent Items everyone has a direct contribution in improving the quality of life and wellbeing of our communities. Everything you do will have a tremendous impact on the way people live, work, collaborate, share.
As a Rent Items’ Mobile Software Developer you will be using mobile technologies and become highly proficient in building software applications that provide a best of breed UX. This means being a creative, analytical, enthusiastic and user-focused engineer, a good problem solver, eager to meet aggressive deadlines.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our web and/or mobile apps.
• Achieve technical project deadlines and deliverables using Agile and • Scrum project management methodologies.
• Be eager to learn continuously and share the latest technological advancements.
• Promote and be open to ongoing technical innovation.
• BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent work experience.
• At least 3-years of experience with mobile application development projects.
• Must have at least 3-years of experience building mobile applications using the latest technology and tools such as Xcode, React, and Cordova.
• Experience with the following technologies: Angular, Firebase/Firestore, relational and NoSQL databases.
• Must have experience launching apps on the Google Play Store and/or Apple App Store.
• A solid understanding of working with user experience and user interface design - UI tools (i.e. Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.).
Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
• Experience working with any of the following technologies: Elastic Search, React, Stripe, SMS Gateway APIs (e.g. Twilio).
• Has the ability to work on both web and mobile application development projects.
• Experience with the following concepts is a plus: machine learning, information retrieval, artificial intelligence (AI), networking, developing large software systems, and/or secure software development.