Quick video chat with your remote team
Software Engineer - macOS & iOS
Fully remote, anywhere in the world.
Live collaboration is at the heart of how teams work together and build culture. It's the highest bandwidth, most human way to create. Yet as the world reckons with becoming "suddenly remote," we're finding ourselves drowning instead in text messaging and scheduled meetings.
At Remotion we're building a virtual office to foster serendipitous conversation for creative, fast-moving teams who want fewer meetings. The premise is simple: Remotion puts your teammates on your desktop so you can see who's around and join the conversation.
We're looking for an experienced engineer who's passionate about building native Swift apps. As a core member of our engineering team, you will have significant ownership over our macOS app (and eventual iOS app and shared architecture). The If you're less familiar with macOS (vs iOS), you'll get domain mentorship from our macOS specialist. In turn, we'll look to you to bring mobile-quality user experiences to our desktop application.
If you're interested in being one of the first people at a startup, are excited to craft the future of remote work, and are passionate about building great user experiences, then we'd love to share more.
- Drive implementation of innovative user experiences in the native macOS app
- Own the frontend experience of Remotion, prioritizing and advocating for creating a well-crafted, functional user experience
- Collaborate closely with the whole team: from macOS architect, to full stack, design, product and more
- Scale yourself by mentoring and assisting the rest of the team
You’ll be successful in this role if you have...
- Enthusiasm for helping remote teams
- Strong Experience in Apple app development in Swift (iOS, macOS, AppKit/UIKit)
- Passion for crafting polished user experiences
- Desire to independently own results, including when it requires working with new people, tech, or tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for...
- Passion for native Mac desktop apps
- Experience working on video streaming products
- Early-employee equity
- Work where and how you're most productive
- Medical, dental, vision insurance with max allowable premium coverage for you, and 50% coverage for your partner. Life insurance for you.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- New laptop, conferencing equipment, and budget for your work setup
- (Pending the end of the pandemic) Biannual company retreat (all expenses paid)
Remotion is an early-stage software company founded with the belief that people thrive when they can choose where and how they want to live. Our mission is to empower people to work from anywhere. We learnt how to build great products at companies like Google, Dropbox, Evernote and Microsoft, and we're well funded by world-class investors who've funded companies like Slack, Notion and Superhuman. Remotion is key to how we collaborate across 8 cities, 4 continents and 6 time zones.
At Remotion, we're looking for kind, talented people. We craft with focus, empower each other, and value diverse perspectives. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.