Quick video chat with your remote team
Lead Audio-Video Engineer
About the role
We're looking for a engineer to lead Remotion's video chat experiences and build world-class audio/video calls across native mac, native windows, and web. You'll collaborate closely with the rest of the team, drive key decisions, and mentor fellow teammates as we build build the world's best video collaboration apps. You'll also wear many hats: thinking through feedback, product goals, design, implementation, learning and iteration. As our video lead, you'll have an outsized role in shaping how we work and grow as a company—we're excited to hear what you'd bring to our culture.
- Lead engineering of video calling in Remotion
- Collaborate closely with the founders, product, design & engineering
- Build the foundation for great video experiences by getting the right architecture, infrastructure, and processes in place
- Implement new video call functionality in the native macOS app
- Define the future of our video stack, as we expand to new platforms
You’ll be successful in this role if you have...
- Enthusiasm for helping remote teams
- Strong prioritization and results ownership in uncertain environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with native video and audio OS APIs
Bonus points for...
- Passion for native mac and windows desktop apps
- Experience with building Augmented Reality features
At Remotion, we're looking for kind, passionate, talented people. We actively seek diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Join us.
- Early-employee equity
- Work when and where you're most productive
- Medical, dental, vision insurance with max allowable premium coverage for you, and 50% coverage for your partner. Life insurance for you.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- New laptop, conferencing equipment, and budget for your work setup
- (Pending the end of the pandemic) Biannual company retreat (all expenses paid)