Quick video chat with your remote team
Windows Desktop Lead Engineer
About the role
We're looking for an engineer to lead Remotion's Windows experience. You'll drive key architecture, framework, and UX decisions. You'll collaborate closely with the rest of the Remotion team, mentoring fellow contributors on Windows. Together, we're building the world's best desktop apps, inventing completely new desktop paradigms along the way. You'll wear many hats: thinking through feedback, product goals, design, implementation, learning and iteration. As our Windows lead, you'll have an outsized role in shaping how we work and grow as a company—we're excited to hear what you'd bring to our culture.
- Start and lead the user-facing desktop experience on Windows
- Implement highly polished user experiences
- Collaborate closely with the founders, product, design & engineering
- Mentor and train teammates who aren't as familiar with Windows paradigms
- Craft the details of how Remotion integrates with the OS, inventing new interaction patterns when necessary
You’ll be successful in this role if you have...
- Enthusiasm for helping remote teams
- Passion for crafting polished, native user experiences on Windows
- Desire to independently own results, including when it requires working with new people, tech, or tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for...
- Strong and pragmatic opinions about good desktop design
At Remotion, we're looking for kind, passionate, talented people. We actively seek diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Join us.
- Early-employee equity
- Work when and where you're most productive
- Medical, dental, vision insurance with max allowable premium coverage for you, and 50% coverage for your partner. Life insurance for you.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- New laptop, conferencing equipment, and budget for your work setup
- (Pending the end of the pandemic) Biannual company retreat (all expenses paid)