Quick video chat with your remote team
Senior Software Developer, WPF
Fully remote, anywhere in the world.
Live collaboration is is the heart of how teams work together and build culture. It's the highest bandwidth, most human way to create. Yet as the world reckons with becoming "suddenly remote," we're finding ourselves drowning instead in text messaging and scheduled meetings.
At Remotion we're building a virtual office to foster serendipitous conversation for creative, fast-moving teams who want fewer meetings. The premise is simple: Remotion puts your teammates on your desktop so you can see who's around and join the conversation.
We're looking for an experienced engineer who's passionate about building native windows apps to invent a new desktop paradigm enabling ambient presence and video chat, seamlessly integrated into the OS. Building this experience requires balancing new interaction paradigms with what is familiar and functional on Windows, carefully choosing where to leverage UWP vs lower-level APIs. As our first first Windows engineer, you'll be writing the first and most significant lines of Windows code, defining our architecture, and uniquely shaping the company's future.
If you're interested in being to be one of the first people at a small, growing startup, working closely with founders and the rest of the team to bring the product to the most prevalent desktop platform—and if you're passionate about crafting beautiful desktop experiences, we'd love to share more.
- Build the user facing desktop experience on Windows, from the ground up.
- Implement highly polished user experiences
- Collaborate closely with the founders, product, design & engineering
- Mentor and train teammates who aren't as familiar with Windows paradigms
- Craft the details of how Remotion integrates with the OS, inventing new interaction patterns when necessary
You’ll be successful in this role if you have...
- Enthusiasm for helping remote teams
- Strong experience building native Windows desktop apps in WPF/UWP/Win32
- Passion for crafting polished, native applications in Windows
- Proficiency in C#/.NET/C++
- Desire to independently own results, including when it requires working with new people, tech, or tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for...
- Strong and pragmatic opinions about good desktop design
- Experience working on video streaming products
- Early-employee equity
- Work when and where you're most productive
- Medical, dental, vision insurance with max allowable premium coverage for you, and 50% coverage for your partner. Life insurance for you.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- New laptop, conferencing equipment, and budget for your work setup
- (Pending the end of the pandemic) Biannual company retreat (all expenses paid)
Remotion is an early-stage software company founded with the belief that people thrive when they can choose where and how they want to live. Our mission is to empower people to work from anywhere. We learnt how to build great products at companies like Google, Dropbox, Evernote and Microsoft, and we're well funded by world-class investors who've funded companies like Slack, Notion and Superhuman. Remotion is key to how we collaborate across 8 cities, 4 continents and 6 time zones.
At Remotion, we're looking for kind, talented people. We craft with focus, empower each other, and value diverse perspectives. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.