Send money online for what matters most
Senior Software Mobile Engineer (React Native)
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $7 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The Passbook team is a startup within Remitly. We are building a new digital bank for immigrants and their families. The team is intensely customer-focused and comprised of startup veterans. It’s all the best parts of an early stage startup accelerated by the assets and competitive advantage of Remitly. There is high team cohesion and mission. New things are learned and shared daily, creating an environment of rapid adaptation.
We’re looking for someone with a very high emotional intelligence (or EQ) that LOVES shipping code and building products that customers use. You get antsy if you haven’t shipped code and spoken directly with customers in a couple of weeks. You make people feel valued, and are comfortable working across cultures and socio-economic classes. You can hear what’s not being said and identify unspoken customer needs.
You are an engineer who understands what it takes to build a product that solves a problem. You know how to work with designers and engineers to build products and prioritize. You have the courage to say no to anything but essential items.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer you will report to the Engineering Manager for Passbook. You will work in a modern TypeScript/React Native codebase to bring features across Android and iOS while mentoring and working with others, keeping an eye on technical debt, and making sure the team has the right tools to succeed. You'll help shape and accomplish a backlog of features designed to improve our product in creative ways. You’ll partner with a passionate team of engineers, product managers, and designers dedicated to understanding and meeting our customers’ needs. Most of all, you should care about improving our customers’ experiences.
What you’ll do:
- You'll create customer-facing product features and bug fixes, with a focus on quality and customer value.
- You'll help guide the technical direction of the mobile app experience to ensure that we are moving quickly while setting ourselves up for success in the future.
- You'll expand the Passbook product with new experiences that improve how we onboard customers and protect their accounts.
- You'll participate in the ideation, technical design, and grooming of new features with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint.
- You'll work with other developers, product managers, designers, and analysts to build great product experiences.
- You'll add to the shared patterns and combined knowledge of our product engineering teams.
Who you are:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of building mobile or web consumer software products.
- An understanding of software development practices, design patterns and CS concepts
- Experience with shipping code (side projects, open source, anything counts)
- Comfortable building, shipping, and maintaining services and systems on AWS
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance benefits.
- Company contributes to your HSA plan if you choose one.
- 401k plan with company matching.
- Free snacks, hot and cold beverages.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals looking for employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.
Fully stocked kitchen
Transit pass & parking subsidy
Open, collaborative office
Remitly at a glance
Remitly focuses on Mobile, Finance, Mobile Payments, Software, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Seattle, London, and Pasig. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Remitly has raised $420.05M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.