Sell more together with your partners
Principal Software Engineer (Python)$60k – $100k • 0.25% – 1.0%
About the Company and Candidate
Relevize is a fast-growing sales enablement and marketing technology platform that enables cutting-edge technology companies to leverage their business partnerships into scalable digital marketing and sales channels. Want to build a product for senior sales executives and CMO’s of fortune 500 companies?
- We serve at companies including Hulu, Microsoft, Amazon, HBO and moreclients like Global Marketing Directors and Chief Revenue Officers
- Our end-users are innovative sales and marketing leaders at fast-growing technology companies like Stratus Technologies, Panzura.com, and more. These users are cutting-edge thinkers who are excited to help us build our product alongside our team
- We’re a seed stage company backed by some of the best investors in Boston & NYC.
- We achieved 10x revenue growth in 2019
- Our CEO and CTO previously built and sold a successful digital marketing company to a Boston-based agency.
Senior Software Engineering Role (Python)
What life looks like in this role
The Senior Software Engineering role will work on a small team of engineers with daily team interactions on slack and will be a part of two company-wide team check-ins each week (40- minutes on Monday and 20-minutes on Thursday via Google Hangouts). The expectation is that you will be the most experienced and knowledgeable python developer on the team. You will be asked to contribute to decisions and will be seen as the leading authority when it comes to python-based product architecture. You can expect to regularly contribute to low-level day to day problem solving for development issues that arise and may be urgent. You should be comfortable working at a senior level, have the ability to bring new ideas to the table through experience and work in a highly creative and fast-paced environment. You will be expected to build and maintain the product infrastructure and have fun at the same time. The candidate must be comfortable with:
- Being autonomous and highly effective on a small team
- Their work-product becoming critical and a massive difference maker to the company’s overall success
- Developing his or her own processes and structure around the role
- The risks and rewards associated with joining an early-stage software company
What success looks like in this role
Success in this role is closely-tied to and inseparable from the company’s overall success. Success in this role means:
- Higher utilization of our software by both our clients and our client’s partners who also have accounts on our platform. This utilization can also be in the form of automation of cumbersome service-based tasks currently being completed by the customer success team
- Renewals and expansion from current clients. Our top company goal is to provide enough value to clients that they expand the use of our software nationally or internationally thereby increasing the duration and value of their contracts with our company
What the Engineering Team is Building
Relevize is a web app that lets marketers and salespeople plan, build, execute, and analyze partner-based media buys across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn Ad networks. We let clients buy ads collaboratively with their partners (example: we helped Guinness beer buy ads collaboratively with hundreds of local bars). Our application solves a lot of problems around sharing access to ad-accounts, generating and approving custom creative, building complex ad campaigns, and automating campaign adjustments to improve performance.
- Skills required to succeed in this role*
Build Core Product Infrastructure with a senior-level understanding of:
- Flask or Django design patterns and best practices
- SQLAlchemy: query optimization, migrations, and database architecture
- Rest APIs: How to design them (sanitizing & marshaling) and how to consume them (requests, JSON)
- Redis or similar async task queue
- Test Writing
Additional Development Operations Support (i.e. Docker and other dev ops skills)
Game Changing Skill: Candidate has experience or knowledge in media buying Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with sample work or relevant experience
Please reach out to email@example.com with sample work or relevant experience
Meet your team
Relevize at a glance
Relevize focuses on Enterprise Software, Sales and Marketing, Sales Automation, Marketing Automation, and Digital Marketing. Their company has offices in New York City and Boston. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://relevize.io