Delivering Business Outcomes
Technical Product Manager (m/f/d)€65k – €75k • No equity
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, France, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Being at the forefront of innovation means challenging the status quo. Our talented engineering team is committed to delivering first-class IoT solutions and staying ahead of the competition. Currently we are searching for a Technical Product Manager, who will manage the foundation and evolution of our complex IoT middleware platform. In this critical role in our organization you will ensure that we consistently deliver the highest quality outcome used to build products and solutions for our customers. You will work in a fast paced and dynamic environment where seamless collaboration with internal teams is key to your day-to-day success. You will help shaping our growing agile organization.
In this role you will be a member of the engineering team delivering critical platform infrastructure functionalities to the team’s internal stakeholders. You will work with leading technologies and agile methodologies.
This position requires an equal mix of stakeholder management, commitment to your team and strong engineering acumen. The ideal candidate will have a drive for quality results, interpersonal skills, and be comfortable acting in cross functional teams. You will be based in our Berlin office.
- Steer the platform infrastructure development team. The stakeholders for this team are internal to the company.
- Own, maintain and prioritise the backlog for the platform infrastructure team with focus on: uncovering, understanding and validating internal stakeholder needs and translating them into backlog items; coordinating with the different teams which are relying on platform capabilities (projects, products, product categories & your own team’s needs); representing your team in organisation-wide delivery prioritisation and planning.
- Interact and work well with internal technical and non-technical teams, including engineers, architects, quality assurance, devops, project management and technical sales.
- Actively manage your stakeholder relationships and help aligning them when necessary.
- Be the primary point of contact for incoming questions about the platform capabilities and ensure training is provided to internal users.
- Work with subject matter experts who will drive the technical decisions.
- 3+ years of relevant experience (e.g. product owner/manager, technical lead, engineering manager) working with cross functional teams to identify, implement and deliver software
- University degree in a technical subject
- Expertise in agile development process
- Creative, decisive and able to work in a collaborative work environment
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Hands-on experience with Atlassian tools
- Flexible office environment
- A diverse and friendly team with people from all over the world, speaking 20+ languages, of all ages and parental-status
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- Connecting you with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- A learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests, as well as knowledge-sharing and an expanding library of books
- Opportunities to attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline
- Cool office located in Kreuzberg with a relaxation room, standing-desks, 3D printer and free fruit and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Free German courses at beginner, intermediate and advanced level (Working language is English)
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
Sound interesting? Please use the link to apply for this role:
relayr at a glance
relayr focuses on Internet of Things. Their company has offices in Chicago, Berlin, and Munich. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, relayr has raised $36.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.