Delivering Business Outcomes
QA Test Automation Engineer (m/f/d)€50k – €60k • No equity
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, France, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Being at the forefront of innovation means challenging the status quo. Our talented engineering team is committed to delivering first-class IoT solutions and staying ahead of the competition.
Our QA engineers are there to set up our processes, provide test automation tools and educate all involved people so we can guarantee the quality of our product. They automate everything possible and create powerful and flexible, yet easy to use, test automation tools. QA engineers provide these tools to our developers along with support and mentoring so that developers can test their own code effectively and fast.
In this spirit we are searching for a process-oriented QA Test Automation Engineer to join our team in Berlin, who is focused on expanding on the environment and methodology for their teammates to use. You would also be implementing tools for test automation and performance testing using Python, py.test, Gatling and more.
- Create, maintain and improve test automation tools for our cloud platform.
- Involve developers in your team to continually improve and follow the QA process.
- Assess and suggest improvements for the testability of our requirements.
- Educate developers on how to effectively use QA tools and assist them in testing their code.
- Maintain good coding practices in our existing test projects.
- Design test cases and write automated tests when necessary.
- Solid knowledge of Python
- Previous experience as a QA Engineer
- Proven experience establishing test automation practices in backend or frontend projects
- Experience and understanding of testing backend applications
- Experience in agile software development (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Hands-on experience with test automation frameworks and tools (e.g. py.test, nose, Robot Framework)
- Experience with Jenkins and Docker is an advantage
- Flexible office environment and a modern office located in Kreuzberg with a relaxation room, standing-desks, free fruits, and a high-end espresso machine
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, access our expanding professional library, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free German classes at all levels
- Have some fun with regular team lunches and offsites, a yearly company summit, and our branded goodies
- Competitive salary
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city!
- 25 paid vacation days + public holidays
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!
Sound interesting? Please apply using this link:
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.
relayr at a glance
relayr focuses on Internet of Things. Their company has offices in Chicago, Berlin, and Munich. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, relayr has raised $36.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.