Banking designed for growing businesses
Quality Assurance Lead$80k – $120k • 0.1% – 1.0%
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small business. We believe that banking is a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. We’re building banking designed for growing businesses. With Relay, business owners can open an account in minutes, issue corporate cards in seconds and automate their bookkeeping.
We’re looking for an incredible quality assurance engineer, who loves shipping high quality features, making high impact decisions daily and wants to help shape the future of Relay.
As a QA lead, you’ll have ownership over all aspects of product quality and will be key in delivering features that customers love.
Some of the things we’d love to have you do in your first six months include:
- Ownership over all aspects of quality including our web and mobile applications, serverless functions and scheduled tasks
- Help coordinate creation of test plans and define execution strategies.
- Be accountable for pre-release testing to ensure all features meet business and engineering acceptance criteria
- Develop automated tests using Cypress, Enzyme and Jest to ensure coverage at all levels of our stack
- Iterate on our continuous delivery pipeline and improve automated test infrastructure
- Improve coverage of our manual test case repository, and work to automate high-priority tests.
- Execute integration tests with our ecosystem partners to ensure a smooth integration.
- Explore and evaluate tooling for performance testing, and help lay the foundation for a performance test suite.
You are the ideal candidate if you:
- Have a minimum of 4+ years experience in a QA, software engineering or developer position, preferably in the tech / start-up universe.
- Have working knowledge of AWS services (ECS, S3, RDS, Dynamo, Lambda) and continuous deployment pipelines using CircleCI.
- Are detailed-oriented and focused on quality
- Are perpetually curious and always learning - whether about the latest languages, frameworks, best practices or the tech industry in general
- Rise to a challenge and can handle change and uncertainty, at times
- Are a team-player - our team is small and mighty, and we collaborate constantly - we want someone who is always willing to pitch in and isn’t afraid to ask for help
- Are a self-starter, a problem-solver, and a creative thinker
If you join us, you will have:
- The opportunity to help shape Relay and its engineering practices as it scales
- A huge impact building solutions with the potential to reach 29 million small businesses across North America
- Personal and professional growth. We care about getting better everyday and leveling up. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- An outstanding work environment that is passionate about getting stuff done, collaboration, learning and having fun.
- A competitive salary + equity
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
We look forward to hearing from you! Apply today.