Banking designed for growing businesses
DevOps Security Engineer$80k – $130k • 0.1% – 1.0%
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small business. We believe that banking is a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. We’re building banking designed for growing businesses. With Relay, business owners can open an account in minutes, issue corporate cards in seconds and automate their bookkeeping.
We’re looking for an incredible DevOps Security engineer, who loves making high impact decisions daily and wants to help shape the future of Relay.
As part of the Platform team, you’ll help develop and improve our infrastructure and deployment pipelines. With a focus on security, you’ll be responsible for security at all layers of our stack.
Some of the things we’d love to have you do in your first six months include:
- Set up monitoring and tooling to proactively detect vulnerabilities at all layers of our stack
- Set up infrastructure for automated application vulnerability and penetration testing
- Use monitoring tools, like Data Dog, to setup alerts for anomalies in the system
- Create performance testing framework to help ensure our systems are scalable
- Secure and improve our continuous deployment pipelines
- Implement processes for IT and security best practices, and share your learning to mentor the engineering team
- Help support availability and performance of production systems
- Support customer service if there’s a pressing issue
You are the ideal candidate if you:
- Are interested in security. We are looking for someone to help us continue building security into every aspect of what we do. You will be responsible for security from the build pipeline all the way through to our databases.
- Love working with production systems and creating processes to ensure they perform well and remain accessible
- Are perpetually curious and always learning - whether about the latest languages, frameworks, best practices or the tech industry in general
- Rise to a challenge and can handle change and uncertainty, at times
- Are a team-player - our team is small and mighty, and we collaborate constantly - we want someone who is always willing to pitch in and isn’t afraid to ask for help
- Are a self-starter, a problem-solver, and a creative thinker
If you join us, you will have:
- The opportunity to help shape Relay and its engineering practices as it scales
- A huge impact building solutions with the potential to reach 29 million small businesses across North America
- Personal and professional growth. We care about getting better everyday and leveling up. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- An outstanding work environment that is passionate about getting stuff done, collaboration, learning and having fun.
- A competitive salary + equity
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
We look forward to hearing from you! Apply today.