Banking designed for growing businesses
Back End Engineer$75k – $125k • 0.1% – 1.0%
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small business. We believe that banking is a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. We’re building banking designed for growing businesses. With Relay, business owners can open an account in minutes, issue corporate cards in seconds and automate their bookkeeping.
We’re looking for an incredible back-end software engineer, who loves delivering robust code quickly, making high impact decisions daily and wants to help shape the future of Relay.
As part of the Platform team, you’ll be contributing to the backbone of our systems on Relay. This team is responsible for solving core business problems related to infrastructure, transaction processing, and data integrity.
Some of the things we’d love to have you do in your first six months include:
- Develop and ship platform improvements and unlock meaningfully improves our customers’ lives
- Develop internal tooling to optimize internal processes and workflows
- Help manage infrastructure development and operations
- Help support availability and performance of production systems
- Help develop testing strategies to ensure product quality
- Participate in agile project planning and estimation
- Work with product management to plan features and estimate their complexity
- Fix bugs as and when they come up
- Support customer service if there’s a pressing issue
You are the ideal candidate if you:
- Have a minimum of 2+ years experience in a back-end software engineering or developer position, preferably in the tech / start-up universe. We’re hiring for roles at all levels of seniority (Junior, Intermediate and Senior).
- Have in-depth knowledge of AWS services (ECS, S3, RDS, Dynamo, Lambda) and continuous deployment pipelines using CircleCI
- Have experience optimizing and scaling systems as workloads grow
- Are perpetually curious and always learning - whether about the latest languages, frameworks, best practices or the tech industry in general
- Rise to a challenge and can handle change and uncertainty, at times
- Are a team-player - our team is small and mighty, and we collaborate constantly - we want someone who is always willing to pitch in and isn’t afraid to ask for help
- Are a self-starter, a problem-solver, and a creative thinker
If you join us, you will have:
- The opportunity to help shape Relay and its engineering practices as it scales
- A huge impact building solutions with the potential to reach 29 million small businesses across North America
- Personal and professional growth. We care about getting better everyday and leveling up. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- An outstanding work environment that is passionate about getting stuff done, collaboration, learning and having fun.
- A competitive salary + equity
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
We look forward to hearing from you! Apply today.