Banking designed for growing businesses
Senior Mobile Engineer (React Native)$100k – $150k • 0.1% – 0.25%
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small business. We believe that banking is a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. We’re building banking designed for growing businesses. With Relay, business owners can open an account in minutes, issue corporate cards in seconds and automate their bookkeeping.
We’re looking for an incredible mobile engineer, who loves delivering robust code quickly, making high impact decisions daily and wants to help shape the future of Relay.
As part of our Features team, you’ll be contributing directly to our user-facing mobile apps, helping deliver new features that make meaningful impact to our customers.
Some of the things we’d love to have you do in your first six months include:
- Develop and ship functionality for our mobile apps on iOS and Android that meaningfully improves our customers’ lives
- Provide input to product design and help optimize UX flows for our customers
- Help support availability and performance of production systems
- Help develop testing strategies to ensure product quality
- Participate in agile project planning and estimation
- Work with product management to plan features and estimate their complexity
- Fix bugs as and when they come up
- Support customer service if there’s a pressing issue
You are the ideal candidate if you:
- Have a minimum of 3+ years experience in a mobile software engineering or developer position, preferably in the tech / start-up universe.
- Have experience with React Native and Typescript
- Are perpetually curious and always learning - whether about the latest languages, frameworks, best practices or the tech industry in general
- Rise to a challenge and can handle change and uncertainty, at times
- Are a team-player - our team is small and mighty, and we collaborate constantly - we want someone who is always willing to pitch in and isn’t afraid to ask for help
- Are a self-starter, a problem-solver, and a creative thinker
If you join us, you will have:
- The opportunity to help shape Relay and its engineering practices as it scales
- A huge impact building solutions with the potential to reach 29 million small businesses across North America
- Personal and professional growth. We care about getting better everyday and leveling up. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- An outstanding work environment that is passionate about getting stuff done, collaboration, learning and having fun.
- A competitive salary + equity
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
We look forward to hearing from you! Apply today.