Giving women a wide variety of dresses, shoes, and accessories to choose from
Director of Technical Design
Who We Are:
Reformation is a fast-growing company that proves fast fashion and sustainability can coexist. With both our HQ and our own factory based in Los Angeles, we combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices. We release limited-edition collections every week on our website and in our 20 brick and mortar stores.
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Director of Technical Design:
Reformation is looking for an awesome Director of Technical Design who will link the design department and production to ensure that all designs translate to amazing garments. We are looking for a full-time, super-efficient, hard-working, seasoned leader who will make sure our clothes look and fit great and are made at the highest level of quality standards.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the fit process from design to release to include PPs and TOPs.
- Work closely with design and product development to ensure that designs are translated correctly
- Manage team in fit sessions by fitting samples on live model, recording comments and communicating with team
- Take and track notes to ensure final fit, quality and construction meets standards; assist in communication with vendors and factory manager on standards
- Create thorough tech packs with sketches, complete construction details, and key measurements
- Follow grade rules, cross-check pattern, production specs, and BOM before release to marking/grading
- Track and monitor execution to time-and-action calendar; record and track all packages; track fit and top of production (TOP) samples; keep archive of samples, notes, trims, etc
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years experience in technical design of apparel or relevant training
- 7+ years of leadership experience of a product design/development team.
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, as well as ability to prioritize and make quick decisions
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented; highly detail oriented and meticulous
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Extremely honest and trustworthy with highest integrity
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines, balance creativity with technical capability, and interpret design sketches for tech packs
- Knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing
- Bilingual in Spanish
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
Reformation at a glance
Reformation focuses on E-Commerce, Retail, Manufacturing, Fashion, and Lifestyle. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Culver City, and Vernon. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Reformation has raised $37M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2017.