Giving women a wide variety of dresses, shoes, and accessories to choose from
Director of Legal
Who We Are:
Reformation is a fast-growing company that proves fast fashion and sustainability can coexist. With both our HQ and our own factory based in Los Angeles, we combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices. We release limited-edition collections every week on our website and in our 20 brick and mortar stores.
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Director of Legal:
Reformation is looking for a day-to-day legal counsel to various departments and comprehensive management and resolution of legal inquiries from business team members. Navigating an ever-changing landscape of legal matters, you will provide advice and ensure compliance to achieve Reformation goals.
What You’ll Do:
Reporting to the CFO and coordinating with outside counsel, as needed, you are running point on all things legal. Below are focal areas of responsibility of the role:
- REAL ESTATE: Responsible for reviewing and negotiating all retail store and corporate leases
- EMPLOYMENT: Work with the Reformation’s Chief People Officer and People team in conjunction with external employment legal counsel to ensure we are complying with current federal and state employment law
- DATA PRIVACY: Acting as the company’s Data Privacy Officer (DPO), roll-out and maintain privacy and security practices compliant with US and GDPR standards
- CONTRACTS: Review all contracts including but not limited to the following topics: Commercial and operational agreements, including SAAS, licensing, manufacture and supply, consulting, marketing, buying agency, distribution, outsourcing, confidentiality and service agreements. Advertising and promotions, including e-mail, video, point of sale and web marketing campaigns, client loyalty programs, user generated content, cause marketing
- INSURANCE: Manage renewal process, claims – day to day contact with broker
- CORPORATE MATTERS: Responsible for intellectual property portfolio through external counsel, contract repository and other items as they arise
What You’ll Need:
- J.D. with top academic credentials
- At least 8-10 years of relevant experience at a reputable law firm and/or with a corporation
- Admitted and in good standing with the California State bar
- Ability and desire to seek responsibility and work autonomously. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously with strong follow up
- Sound judgment and strong negotiating skills
Who You Are:
- Business-friendly approach to legal problem solving and able to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear and concise practical advice as well as creative solutions
- Strong desire to learn the business and new areas of law and to function integrally as part of a cross-departmental team
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and work collaboratively
- Extremely organized and efficient with strong follow-through and accountability
- Self-starter who is quick to pick up new concepts, and willing and able to dig in and become an “expert” as needs arise
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
Reformation at a glance
Reformation focuses on E-Commerce, Retail, Manufacturing, Fashion, and Lifestyle. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Culver City, and Vernon. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Reformation has raised $37M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2017.