Giving women a wide variety of dresses, shoes, and accessories to choose from
Front End Developer
Who We Are:
Reformation is a fast-growing company that proves fast fashion and sustainability can coexist. With both our HQ and our own factory based in Los Angeles, we combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices. We release limited-edition collections every week on our website and in our 20 brick and mortar stores.
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Front End Developer
We are looking for a Front End Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the craft of engineering. Responsibilities will include implementing visual elements and their behaviors with user interactions. You will work with both front-end and back-end web developers to build client-side logic. You will also be bridging the gap between the visual elements and the server-side infrastructure, taking an active role on both sides, and defining how the application looks and functions.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs and systems
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end services
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Be a trusted, go-to front-end expert for other developers on the team
What You’ll Need:
- Strong understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Strong experience building mobile-web applications
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Proficient using Git
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Understanding of web accessibility best practices
- Agile enthusiast who understand methodologies and enjoys being part of a scrum team
- eCommerce, Ruby on Rails, and CSS with BEM experience a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
Reformation at a glance
Reformation focuses on E-Commerce, Retail, Manufacturing, Fashion, and Lifestyle. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Culver City, and Vernon. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Reformation has raised $37M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2017.