A friendly place for authors to learn, create and market the best indie books
Data Engineer€50k – €75k • 0.0% – 0.25%
We’re here to give authors the tools and resources they need to create beautiful books. Our curated marketplace gathers the industry's best publishing professionals — the likes of Stephen King's designer, Neil Gaiman's editor or Walter Isaacson's publicist.
We’ve grown to a community of 500,000 authors and over 2,000 freelancers in just a few short years, while picking up a number of industry awards along the way 🏆
Want to help us? Cool, keep reading!
We have built a number of products at Reedsy, including a marketplace (https://reedsy.com), the world's largest short story contest, and a book discovery platform (https://reedsy.com/discovery). We already have over 500,000 users and we're now looking to reach millions :).
As a result, we're going to need help with designing a custom data analysis tool to:
- Optimize liquidity (offer/demand) on our marketplace (think "Reedsy search engine optimization") and Discovery (book submissions/reviewers);
- Automatically analyze projects submitted on the marketplace;
- Help segment our audiences;
- Improve funnel conversion tracking through our entire ecosystem;
- Determine conversion costs for freelancers, authors and readers;
- Provide KPIs to marketing team to optimize acquisition efforts and drive growth.
You have strong enough development skills that you are not reliant on our developers to set things up for you. You have experience with:
- Using query language (SQL and variations)
- Data Mining (web crawling, open data, parsing)
- Big Data (Hadoop/Spark, Talend, Amazon/Google Cloud)
- Scripting and programming (Python, R, Ruby)
- Machine Learning, ideally with some knowledge about Deep Learning
- Perfectly fluent in English, great communication skills
- Experience working remotely
- Experience creating robust and elegant dashboards to present data;
- A good dose of ambition, as well as a great sense of humour.
#How to Apply
We currently receive over 30 applications every day and we won't spend any time on generic messages. If you'd like to stand out, make sure that
1) you've done some research about Reedsy and signed up to try the product;
2) you include a well-structured and concise message with your application explaining why you find Reedsy interesting and why you'd be a good fit. Show off but not too much :).